- Cancer among Washington soccer players raised concerns about artificial turf safety
- Some studies suggest the turf is safe, but one expert won't let his kids play on it
- Washington officials recently released an investigation into soccer players' cancers
(CNN)Jean Bryant, a Seattle mother of three boys, remembers the moment when her friend Amy Griffin first mentioned those "little black dots."
Coach and her cancer list
'It's the one thing that I still don't feel great about'
A growing debate over turf
'We need to know how safe it is'
Tips for playing on artificial turf
- Always wash your hands after playing on the field and before eating.
- Take off your shoes to prevent tracking crumb rubber into the house.
- Shower after playing on the field and quickly treat any cuts or scrapes.
- Don't swallow crumb rubber.