How To ListenOn your computer On your mobile device Smart speakers
Explore CNNUS World Politics Business
- Amanpour: Paul Krugman, Julie Delpy and Dave GrohlWith supply chain issues plaguing the global economy, Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman joins Christiane Amanpour asses Biden's plan of action. 60 years ago today, the "architect of the Holocaust" Adolf Eichmann stood trial in Israel . CNN Legal Analyst and former federal and state prosecutor Eli Honig's grandparents lived through this dark period of history; he sits down with his family and key players in the trial to discuss the quest for justice and the threat anti-Semitism and ethni...Show morec hatred still pose today. Then actress, writer and director Julie Delpy talks about her new series "On The Verge" and why it's important to show messy women. And our Hari Sreenivasan speaks to Foo Fighters founder and frontman Dave Grohl about his days touring with Nirvana, grieving the loss of his friend and bandmate Kurt Cobain and finding rhythm in unusual places.Oct 14, 2021
- Amanpour: Fawzia Koofi, Mary-Ellen McGroarty, Kimberlé Crenshaw and Stanley McChrystalAfghanistan is headed towards a full-blown humanitarian and economic crisis, with its health system on the brink of collapse. Christiane Amanpour is joined by Fawzia Koofi, a former Afghan politician who was part of the negotiating team with the Taliban, and Mary-Ellen McGroarty, the World Food Programme’s director for Afghanistan. Then, Kimberlé Crenshaw is world-renowned for her work on the intersection between sexism and racism. She discusses the true meaning of "intersectionality" and what R...Show more Kelly's recent conviction means for society. And finally, Walter Isaacson speaks to former four-star general Stanley McChrystal, who’s drawn on his experience as commander of the American and coalition forces in Afghanistan in his new book "Risk: A User's Guide."
Oct 14, 2021
- Amanpour: Dr Ugur Sahin, Dr Özlem Türeci, Beanie Feldstein and Ron and Clint HowardDoctors Ugur Sahin and Özlem Türeci changed the course of history when their company BioNTech, alongside Pfizer, developed the first clinically approved Covid-19 vaccine. Their work has saved countless lives, and now they're working to save more by turning their focus to booster shots and other deadly diseases like malaria and tuberculosis. They join Christiane to discuss their work, and their fascinating personal stories. Then, actress Beanie Feldstein reflects on the challenges of playing Mon...Show moreica Lewinsky in Impeachment: 'American Crime Story', the latest dramatized version of the story that grabbed global headlines, and led to the impeachment of then-president Bill Clinton. And Walter Isaacson talks to two Hollywood brothers who made their names in some of America's best loved family classics. Both boasting successful individual careers on screen, Ron and Clint Howard celebrate the joys of brotherhood in their new joint memoir "The Boys.”Oct 13, 2021
- Amanpour: Michel Barnier, Mette Frederiksen and Terence BlanchardTension in Poland is climbing to boiling point over European Union membership and the UK’s food industry supply chains are in in chaos weighed down under severe labour shortages. Christiane Amanpour is joined by the EU’s former chief negotiator, and now French presidential candidate, Michel Barnier. Then, in just three weeks world leaders will meet in Glasgow for the COP26 climate conference, where they'll reckon with a dispiriting report from the United Nations showing that the world is warming...Show more faster than scientists previously thought. Christiane speaks to Danish Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen during her state visit to India where she’s been highlighting the urgency of tackling climate change while maintaining economic growth. And finally, in its 138 year history, the Metropolitan Opera has never hosted a performance by a black composer, until now. Walter Isaacson speaks to six-time Grammy award winning musician and composer, Terence Blanchard about his new work "Fire Shut Up in My Bones."Oct 12, 2021
- Amanpour: Keith Ellison, Rana Foroohar, Eric Klinenberg, Dave EggersBe it police violence, racism, voting rights and climate change, Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison’s career puts him at the heart of so many issues we’re grappling with. Now, he is taking big oil to court because 'we can't expect them to grow a conscience.’ He joins Bianna Golodryga to discuss. Then, CNN Global Economist Analyst Rana Foroohar outlines her analysis of the U.S. September jobs report. Sociologist Eric Klinenberg talks about the impact covid has had on American society and ho...Show morew we can regain our humanity. And amid a troubling week for Facebook, raising questions about social responsibility in the age of social media and big tech, best-selling author Dave Eggers speaks with our Walter Isaacson about the release of his new book “The Every”. This sequel to “The Circle” imagines a social media and e-commerce monopoly and touches on the perils of corporate power.Oct 8, 2021
- Amanpour: Dr. Sanjay Gupta, Michael McCaul, Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi, Jimmy Chin, Chris CassidyThe world’s first malaria vaccine marks a historic move in global healthcare. The marvels of modern science and our battle against diseases such as Covid continues to wreak havoc. Dr Sanjay Gupta is out with a new book, “World War C” about lessons learned and how to prepare for the next pandemic. Rep. Michael McCaul is the ranking Republican on the House Foreign Affairs committee. In his talk with Bianna Golodryga, he calls for a bipartisan response to possible war crimes in Ethiopia. Then to th...Show moree depths of Northern Thailand where back in 2018, 12 schoolboys and their soccer coach were trapped in a flooded cave. Our Hari Sreenivasan speaks with Academy Award-Winning co-directors Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi and Jimmy Chin about their documentary “The Rescue” that showcases unseen footage. Retired NASA astronaut, Chris Cassidy talks about his final space flight featured in Disney+ new series "Among The Stars".Oct 7, 2021
- Title: Amanpour: Nima Elbagir, J. Peter Pham, Andrea Elliott and Jennifer RubinAn exclusive CNN investigation has revealed that the Ethiopian government used flagship airlines to transport weapons during war with Tigray. Correspondent Nima Elbagir unpacks her gripping reporting from the region. Former U.S Envoy for the Sahel Region, J. Peter Pham, speaks with Bianna Golodryga about how the international community bears a great deal of responsibility for propping up Ethiopia's Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed. Then, following a decade long understanding into the lived experience o...Show moref a homeless child named Dasani, journalist Andrea Elliott talks about her new book, “Invisible Child,” as this young American navigated family trauma and a system stacked against her. And our Michel Martin talks with Washington Post columnist, Jennifer Rubin about her new book, “Resistance: How women saved democracy from Donald Trump” where she explains how female voters, activists and politicians have mobilized in their fight for democracy.Oct 6, 2021
- Title: Amanpour: Fiona Hill, Kim Carr, Sheena Greitens and Ryan HamptonFormer Russia adviser to Trump and author of "There Is Nothing For You Here," Fiona Hill, joins Bianna Golodryga to discuss the implications on America if Trump were to be re-elected. Following one of the largest oil spills in recent history, Mayor of Huntington Beach, California, Kim Carr expresses holding Amplify Energy accountable for the devastation. Then turning to China, national security expert, Sheena Greitens talks about the aggressive incursions near Taiwan to help train their air forc...Show moree, while wearing down Taiwan's defenses. And Ryan Hamptons talks with our Hari Sreenivasan about his new book, “Unsettled.” In it he reflects on his first-hand experience with the deadly cost of the highly addictive drug Oxycontin and his involvement in the case against Purdue Pharma for their part in the opioid crisis.
Oct 5, 2021
- Amanpour: Gerard Ryle, Sheera Frenkel, Jonathan Franzen and Kate BowlerWith the Pandora Papers unmasking the parallel financial universe used by the rich and powerful, ICTJ’s Gerard Ryle speaks to Bianna Golodryga about leading the global team of journalists behind the data leak. Sheera Frenkel, co-author of "An Ugly Truth," reacts to a former Facebook employee's claims that the company prioritizes making money over users' safety. Then, author Jonathan Franzen discusses his new novel "Crossroads", that grapples with religion and his public persona. And our Michel M...Show moreartin shares an emotional conversation with Professor Kate Bowler, who was diagnosed with stage four cancer at age 35, about her new book “No Cure for Being Human,” in which she confronts what she calls the absurdity of the self-help industry and encourages us to find comfort instead in our limitations.Oct 5, 2021
- Amanpour: Heidi Heitkamp, Faiz Shakir, Yogita Bhayana, Jamie Klingler, David Chase and Kareem Abdul-JabbarFormer U.S. Democratic Senator Heidi Heitkamp and Faiz Shakir, former Campaign Manager for Bernie Sanders 2020, join Bianna Golodryga to discuss the two high stakes bills making their way through Congress and what they mean for Americans. As the world's attention focuses once again on violence against women, Yogita Bhayana, Women's and Children's Rights Activist, and Jamie Klingler, Co-founder of Reclaim These Streets, talk about the heightened calls for racial and social justice. David Chase, C...Show moreo-writer of "The Many Saints of Newark", discusses his new prequel to the hit show "The Sopranos" and what lies in store for fans. Michel Martin speaks with NBA Hall of Fame legend Kareen Abdul-Jabbar about why he thinks high profile sports players need to set an example and get the covid vaccine.Oct 1, 2021