How To ListenOn your computer On your mobile device Smart speakers
Explore CNNUS World Politics Business
- Steve Bannon Faces Criminal ChargesThe January 6 Select Committee moves to charge former Trump aide Steve Bannon with criminal contempt after he failed to attend his deposition today. Committee Chairman Bennie Thompson has been clear that nobody is off-limits from its subpoenas. Will this include former President Trump?
BREAKING NEWS: former President Bill Clinton is admitted to hospital following a urinary tract infection which has spread to his bloodstream. A former spokesman for the President stresses his hospitalization is...Show more neither Covid-19 nor heart related, adding he is ‘on the mend and in good spirits’.Oct 15, 2021
- Trump’s DOJ Ally Subpoenaed Over InsurrectionBREAKING NEWS: Trump ally and former DOJ official Jeffrey Clark is subpoenaed by the January 6 Select Committee following ‘credible evidence’ he attempted to involve the Department in efforts to interrupt the peaceful transfer of power in 2020. That, as the White House tonight rejects the latest request from the former President to assert executive privilege in withholding documents from the investigation.
William Shatner, better known to generations of fans as Captain Kirk of the "Star Trek ...Show moreEnterprise", is now the oldest person ever to travel to space. The 90-year old actor reflects on his historic journey aboard a spacecraft launched by Jeff Bezos’ Blue Origin company.Oct 14, 2021
- Gabby Petito's Death Ruled StrangulationThe cause of death in the Gabby Petito case is ruled as manual strangulation by throttling, and is thought to be highly consistent with the controlling behavior witnessed from Petito’s fiancé Brian Laundrie, who remains a person of interest to the investigation and is currently still missing. Criminologist Casey Jordan joins to discuss this development and the timeline of events in the case.
The GOP clings to Trump as he pushes more election fraud lies, with January 6 Select Committee member ...Show moreAdam Schiff warning that if ex-Trump aides defy subpoenas, criminal referrals will come fast. That, as hundreds of people are expected to attend a Trump backed rally in Michigan State, where Biden won by more than 150,000 votes, calling for yet another audit of the 2020 election.Oct 13, 2021
- Raiders Coach Resigns Over Racist & Homophobic SlursBREAKING NEWS: Jon Gruden, head coach of the Las Vegas Raiders has resigned following his reported use of homophobic, misogynistic & racist language. The slurs, contained in professional emails sent over multiple years, included denouncing women as referees, being against the drafting of gay players and calling one player a ‘faggot and a clueless anti-football pussy’.
Texas Governor Greg Abbott issues an executive order banning any private employers from mandating vaccines. It remains unclea...Show morer whether the order will be honored, as many major Texas hospital chains and corporations have already issued vaccine mandates for their employees.Oct 12, 2021
- Is Time Running Out For Trump?President Biden refuses to assert executive privilege on behalf of Donald Trump, as the former President continues to withhold 45 documents from the January 6 Select Committee. That, as the House Panel learns he hid over $70 million in losses at his D.C. hotel while falsely claiming substantial profits. With two of his former aides now engaging with the investigation, is time running out for Trump?
Dave Chappelle sparks further LGBTQ+ controversy, receiving a backlash over an offensive joke h...Show moree performed in a Netflix special. When anti-transgender legislation was introduced in 33 states, a record high number of transgender people, mostly transgender women were killed. Are comedians just telling jokes?Oct 9, 2021
- Trump's Top Team Ignore January 6 SubpoenasAs the January 6 House Select Committee fires off a new round of subpoenas focusing on the 'Stop the Steal' group and its involvement in the planning of the rally before the insurrection at the capitol, an attorney for Trump instructs some of the former president’s aides not to comply with the orders. The Committee is still trying to find Dan Scavino to physically serve him with papers.
The Florida State Board of Education votes to sanction eight school districts for instituting mask mandates...Show more without the ability to opt out, but the superintendents argue they were in compliance, citing rising case rates as a reason to implement the mandates. The Biden administration says there are ‘legal concerns’ over the Board withholding funds.Oct 8, 2021
- Texas Judge Blocks Six-Week Abortion BanBREAKING NEWS: A Texas federal judge issues an order blocking the state's six-week abortion ban following a challenge from the Biden administration, calling it a ‘flagrantly unconstitutional law and an offensive deprivation of such an important right’. It’s a big win for women, but the state of Texas has indicated it will appeal this injunction to the most conservative circuit of the federal courts.
As the deadline looms for Trump insiders to cooperate with the January 6 probe, the White Hous...Show moree Select Committee can’t locate Trump’s former Deputy Chief of Staff Dan Scavino to serve him a subpoena. Will investigators have substantive findings about the truth before another campaign season?Oct 7, 2021
- Tesla Pays Out $137 Million In Racism LawsuitFormer Tesla contract worker Owen Diaz alleged he experienced a barrage of racial abuse at the company's factory in California. A Federal jury has now awarded him nearly $137 million in damages. Diaz joins to give his account of the hostile work environment he faced daily, which included being told to ‘go back to Africa’.
President Biden tells House progressives the price tag for his spending plan has to drop to between $1.9 trillion and $2.2 trillion for it to be agreed. With the Democrats c...Show moreonsidering the nuclear option of a carving out the filibuster from the process in order to raise the debt ceiling by October 18, is the end to this political turmoil in sight?Oct 6, 2021
- Facebook’s Alleged Anger Algorithm Under InvestigationFacebook whistleblower Frances Haugen claims that anger is good for Facebook's business and alleges the company knows if it changes its algorithm to be safer, people will spend less time on the site, generating less advert revenue. Haugen, who has stated in prepared testimony Facebook ‘could destroy her’ will appear before a Senate Committee tomorrow.
President Biden condemns the GOP, calling them disgraceful for not helping to raise the debt ceiling, with Mitch McConnell threatening to filib...Show moreuster a simple ‘up or down’ vote. Will the Democrats carve out a new exception to the filibuster rules and go nuclear for the sake of raising the debt ceiling or be backed into a corner by the Republicans?Oct 5, 2021
- Anti-Viral Pill To Treat Covid DevelopedAs the U.S. passes the heart-breaking milestone of 700,000 deaths from Covid-19, pharmaceutical company Merck develops the first anti-viral pill designed for the disease, and says it cuts the risk of Covid hospitalizations and deaths by 50%. They are to file for emergency use authorization. Is it a game changer? Dr. Peter Hotez joins to give his perspective.
There have been possible sightings of murder victim Gabby Petito’s fiancé, Brain Laundrie in North Carolina. That, as more new video foo...Show moretage reveals what Petito told officers about a violent dispute the couple had been reported for, during a police vehicle stop.Oct 2, 2021