How To ListenOn your computer On your mobile device Smart speakers
Explore CNNUS World Politics Business
- Senator Who Condemned Trump's Actions Now Embraces EndorsementSenior GOP Senator Grassley, who once condemned Former President Donald Trump's actions on January 6th, now embraces Trump's endorsement. Grassley after January 6th said, "history is going to judge" Trump. Grassley recently said he's "smart" to accept Trump's endorsement. Grassley then stands by Trump as he pushed big election lie in Iowa.
Rep. Scalise refuses to say that the 2020 election was not stolen. "Millions of Americans have been sold a fraud," said Cheney about those in her own part...Show morey who question the 202 election.
A Democratic nominee for Virginia governor is facing backlash after saying that parents should not "be telling schools what they should teach."
Body camera video shows Ohio police officers drag a Black paraplegic man out of his car by his hair.
The official ruling for Gabby Petito's autopsy is expected tomorrow, although the coroner already has determined that her death was a homicide. The search for Brian Laundrie at a Florida nature reserve appears to slow four weeks after his parents say that he left home.
China is vowing "complete reunification" with Taiwan after sending a record number of warplanes into a defense zone. Taiwan warns that China could launch a full-scale invasion by 2025.Oct 12, 2021
- Biden won't withhold Trump documents from January 6 committeeBannon defies January 6 committee subpoena at Trump's "direction", Laundrie attorney won't say whether parents will take polygraph, Lifelong Republican leaves party, running for Oklahoma governor as DemocratOct 8, 2021
- Awaiting Vote To Avert United States default; GOP Scrambling For VotesAwaiting vote to avert United States default; GOP scrambling for votes; Awaiting key senate votes to raise debt limit and avert United States first default; republicans scrambling for votes; Braun: "It''s uncertain", Hawley: "Don't know" how vote will go; Yellen to Outfront: Default would be "Enormously dangerous; Treasury secretary to Outfront: "Increasingly dangerous" to have a debt ceiling; "Politically dangerous conflicts" cause doubt;Oct 8, 2021
- Minority Leader Offers Temporary Debt Limit Solution To Avert Debt DefaultSenate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has offered a temporary debt limit solution to avert a "devastating" United States debt default. McConnell makes the short-term debt limit offer 12 days before the defaults, despite saying for weeks that the Democrats were on their own. The Senate Democrats say that they will accept the GOP's offer to avert a United States default.
Taiwan warns that China could launch a full scale attack by 2025.
Former President Donald Trump slams the January 6 pan...Show moreel and says that the "real insurrection" was on election day. According to CNN, the January 6 panel, that is investigating the January 6 riot, can't find an ex-Trump aide to serve him a subpoena. The subpoena deadline is tomorrow to comply with document request.
Erin Burnett has a one-on-one with Fair Fight Founder Stacey Abrams. Lawmakers clash amid new Democrats' push on voting rights. Sen. Ted Cruz calls it a "power grab." Trump shows contempt for Georgia's Republican governor by mock-praising Stacey Abrams by saying she "might be better" than Gov. Brian Kemp.
More officers join the search for Brian Laundrie at a Florida nature reserve. It is unclear what led to the sudden uptick in officers.Oct 7, 2021
- Democrats Scrambling For Options To Avert U.S. First Debt DefaultDemocrats scrambling for options to avert United States first debt default; Talk grows of nuclear option that allows a simple majority; Biden: "Not many options" if GOP is "Gonna be that irresponsible; Sec chair warns of "Significant volatility" if United States defaults; Biden tries to sell stalled agenda as democrats draw red lines;Oct 6, 2021
- Facebook Hit With Major Outage Amid Damning AllegationsFacebook, including Instagram and Whatsapp, were hit with a major outage amid damning allegations from a whistleblower. The whistleblower, who is set to testify tomorrow, says that Facebook could "destroy me." Whistleblower says that she was dismayed when the site downplayed the link to the January 6 violence, according to the Wall Street Journal. Facebook stock has been sliding since the damning allegations were first made public.
The whistleblower says that Facebook has put "immense profit...Show mores before people." She also says that the algorithms are as "dangerous... as any terrorist."
Former President Donald Trump is still saying that the 2020 presidential elections was "rigged" and calls Arizona audit that found he lost to current President Joe BIden "damning." Trump's pick for Arizona governor would not have certified the election results.
Attorney General Garland has asked about Trump's role in the January insurrection and says that he's "doing everything we can to ensure perpetrators brought to justice."
Biden slams the GOP for refusing to raise the debt limit and calls it "reckless." The United States is 14 days away from being unable to pay its bills, which is a first. Biden says he can't guarantee that the United States will not default for the first time.Oct 5, 2021
- Sources: Pelosi Working Furiously To Flip Dems To Yes on InfrastuctureSources: Pelosi working furiously to flip democrats to "Yes" on infrastructure; top progressive to members "stick to the plan";Pelosi: Infrastructure vote still on: prgression vow to tank it; Sources: "No" votes "coming down" as Pelosi works furiously to flip democrats on infrastructure; progressive: "No" votes "Solid"; Progressive vow to tank an infrastructure vote tonight with deal on $3.5t plan; Manchin says his limit is $1.5T;Oct 1, 2021
- Pelosi Still Planning Infrastructure Bill Vote Despite RevoltNancy Pelosi is still planning a vote for the infrastructure bill tomorrow, despite the democrat revolt. However, Pelosi is not ruling out delaying if the votes aren't there. The next 24 hours are critical to the Biden agenda and key democrats are not budging. Democrats are at odds over prioritizing bigger bill over infrastructure.
Moderate Sinema meets with White House officials for the fourth time in two days. Sinema sarcastically says "I'm in the Senate" when asked about why progressives ...Show moreare frustrated that they don't know where she stands. Once far left, Sinema now holds power over the Biden agenda.
The January 6 panel targets Stop The Steal rally organizers with subpoenas.
Cheney apologizes to Milley for Trump allies' attacks, "Despicable... I want to apologize for those members of this committee." Joint Chiefs Chairman Milley defends himself for a second day running as the GOP Trump allies call him a "political figure."
According to an attorney, Brian Laundrie bought a new phone before he went missing. The device is now in FBI possession. A video of Brian Laundrie and parents at a campground has been turned over to the FBI.
A Judge has suspended Britney Spears' father as the conservator of her estate.Sep 30, 2021
- Biden Cancels Trip To Save His Economic AgendaPresident Joe Biden cancels his Chicago trip amid the race to save his economic agenda. Nancy Pelosi reverses course and moves forward with infrastructure deal without a larger bill, irking progressives in the process. Pelosi reversed the course on strategy as a way to get Biden's agenda passed. Democrats are facing a tense 48 hours ahead of a potential government shutdown.
Top Unites States generals contradict Biden over troop presence in Afghanistan.
Milley defends calls to Chinese off...Show moreicial near the end of former President Donald Trump's term and says that multiple Trump officials were aware of the phone calls.
According to officials, the Laundrie family was together at the campground, 75 miles from their home, in early September days after Brian returned without Gabby Petito. The Petito family attorney tells Brian Laundrie to "turn yourself in." The Petito family attorney says that Laundrie's parents "did not help" find Gabby Petito.
A new book suggests that Trump had a colonoscopy during his 2019 hospital visit. Trump his the procedure from the public because he did not want former Vice President Mike Pence in power while he was sedated.
Melania :unleashed" by allegations of Trump's extramarital affairs. The new book is by the former First Lady's former press secretary for the book.Sep 29, 2021
- Final report released in so-called Arizona auditTrump's push to undermine 2020 election fails in Arizona; partisan probes in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Texas, Rollout of Pfizer booster begins at least at 6,000 CVS locations, Source: Brian Laundrie left his parents' home 10 days ago without his phone or wallet; parents: haven't seen him sinceSep 24, 2021