How To ListenOn your computer On your mobile device Smart speakers
Explore CNNUS World Politics Business
The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer
The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer: The command center for breaking news, politics and extraordinary reports from around the world.
- January 6 2021 panel moves to hold Steve Bannon In Criminal ContemptJanuary 6 2021 panel moves to hold Steve Bannon in criminal contempt;FDA vaccine advises unanimously recommend Monderna boosters; New union strike adding to economic pressure on Biden; January 6 panel now moving to hold Steve Bannon in criminal contempt as Trump ally defies subpoena deadline: Trump urges Republicans not to vote in 2022 and 2024 if his bogus election fraud claims aren't solved;Oct 14, 2021
- The Jan 6 CMTE Subpoenas Ex-DOJ Official Who Aided Trump's CoupThe January 6 committee has subpoenaed former Department of Justice official Jeffrey Clark, who aided in Former President Donald Trump's attempted coup. Clark was key to Trump's efforts to overturn the 2020 election. CNN reports that ex-acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen, who pushed back on Trump's bid to overturn the election, is meeting with the January 6 committee. Ex-Trump aides Steve Bannon and Kash Patel are scheduled for deposition tomorrow and Mark Meadows and Dan Scavino are due for ...Show moredeposition on Friday.
Wolf Blitzer has a one-on-one interview with January 6 committee member, Rep. Adam Schiff. Schiff calls republicans "insurrectionists in suits and ties" and says that there is a cowardliness in the GOP.
The January 6 committee is unified in seeking criminal charges for Trump allies defying critical subpoena and deposition deadlines this week.
The White House has formally rejected Trump's latest executive privilege request in the January 6 investigation.
President Joe Biden responds to the crisis threatening the economy, amid the agenda stalemate. Biden announces new moves to ease the crisis in delivery of supplies that's limiting goods and raising prices.
Shatner says to CNN that he is "overwhelmed" after his flight to the edge of space.Oct 14, 2021
- Texas Governor Bans All Cover Vaccine Mandates in StateBrooklyn Nets bench Kyrie Irving until he’s vaccinated. Any moment: House vote on short term extension of debt limit. Coroner: Gabby Petito’s cause of death was strangulation. Jan. 6th committee feels “urgency” to move to criminal contempt if subpoena targets don’t comply. Raiders coach resigns after homophobic, racist, misogynistic emails. Kim Jong Un vows to build “invincible” military while flanked by weapons, blames U.S. for tensions.Oct 13, 2021
- FDA Asked To Authorize First Pill To Treat Covid-19President Joe Biden is struggling to unify this party and salvage his agenda as the clock ticks and his public approval fades.
The FDA has been asked by Merck to authorize the first pill to treat Covid-19. Merck says that the experimental pill cuts the covid death risk in half. However cases, deaths and hospitalizations are starting to decline as the United States may be turning the corner in the pandemic. FDA advisers are to meet this week about Moderna and Johnson & Johnson boosters.
F...Show moreormer President Donald Trump and his enablers keep peddling the election fraud lie ahead of 2024, as the investigation of the insurrection intensifies. Schiff says that the January 6 committee should get Trump documents "very soon." Also, the January 6 panel is considering criminal contempt for Steve Bannon and other Trump allies who defy their subpoenas. The second-ranking House Republican Steve Scalise refuses to say that the 2020 election was not stolen, as GOP Senator Grassley embraces Trump's support at an Iowa rally, where Trump teases a 2024 run.
Bill Maher warned of Trump's "slow coup" in a dark prediction for 2024 presidential election.
Trump sends a birthday video demanding "justice" for the Capitol rioter Ashli Babbit over her January 6 death.
Southwest cancels more than 2,000 flight and delays continue.Oct 12, 2021
- Trump to assert executive privilege over January 6 committeeBiden on defensive over economy, blames Covid-19 for disappointing jobs report, Police say they're not in possession of phones Petito and Laundrie used on their road trip, U.S. averaging under 100,000 new Coronavirus cases for first time since AugustOct 8, 2021
- Report: Trump Lawyer Tells Allies Not Comply With Subpoenas;Report: Trump lawyer tells allies not comply with subpoenas; Senate to vote soon on short-term extension of debt limit; Pfizer asks FDA authorize COVID vaccine for kids ages 5-11 Washington Post: Trump lawyer tells allies not to comply with subpoenas from January 6 committee; 4 Trump Loyalist appears poised to defy subpoenas in January 6 probe as Trump indicates he'll exert executive privilege;Oct 8, 2021
- Senate Democrats Say They'll Accept GOP Compromise On Debt LimitThe Senate Democrats say that they'll accept a GOP compromise about the debt limit to end the standoff. This will temporarily avert the catastrophic default on the United States debt. According to a source, Mitch McConnell floated an offer to break stalemate amid fears that Democrats Manchin and Sinema may flip under pressure and agree to gut the filibuster.
The White House downplays the GOP offer saying "we don't need to kick the can" about the debt limit.
The January 6 panel can't find...Show more the ex-Trump aide Dan Scavino as the subpoena deadline nears. Scavino and three other Trump allies face deadline to comply with subpoenas and submit documents. Former President Donald Trump slams the January 6 committee's subpoena deadline and says "the real insurrection happened on November 3."
Gabby Petito's parents say that Petito's body was found not far from where her van was last seen, only minutes away. New questions about the timing of Brain Laundrie's disappearance as the police confirm car found outside the nature reserve on September 14.
The Facebook whistleblower to testify before the January 6 committee.
According to police, a Texas school shooting suspect is in custody and will face three charges of assault with a deadly weapon.Oct 7, 2021
- Facebook Whistle Blower Unleashes Damning RevelationsFacebook whistle blower unleashes damning revelations; Biden hits the road to sell stalled agenda; Brain Laundrie's sister speaks out Facebook whistleblower testifies on capitol hill, claims company harms children, weakens democracy; Whistleblower compares Facebook to cigarettes, opioids;Oct 6, 2021
- Facebook Suffers Outage As Company Comes Under FirePresident Joe Biden says that a debt default "would take our economy over a cliff." The United States is barreling towards a debt default as congress deadlocks and experts warn of an economic catastrophe. Biden says that he can't guarantee that a debt limit disaster will be averted and "that's up to Mitch McConnell." Biden also slams "hypocritical, dangerous and disgraceful" congressional Republicans amid the debt limit standoff. Biden has met with the progressives as Democrats scramble to rescu...Show moree his agenda from the brink.
Sen. Chuck Schumer says that the Senate "must get a bill to the president's desk" extending the debt ceiling by the end of the week. Manchin says that "they shouldn't rule out anything, we just can't let the debt ceiling lapse" and "the filibuster has nothing to do with the debt ceiling."
Facebook, along with Instagram and Whatsapp, suffer an outage as the company comes under fire. As Facebook reels amid a major platform outage, a bombshell whistleblower report is alleging a possible cover up. The whistleblower is alleging that Facebook has buried evidence of platforms spreading hatred, violence and misinformation. The whistleblower also alleges that Facebook prioritized profit over public good.Oct 4, 2021
- Pelosi Gambling On Biden Agenda, Plans To Move Foward With Infrastructure vote;Pelosi gambling on Biden agenda, plan to move forward with infrastructure vote tonight as progressives threaten to tank it; Soon Biden to sign bill averting government shutdown after congress passed it just hours ahead on deadline; House majority leader: Infrastructure vote still on for tonight, won't take place until after 9pm; Key democrat Sen Manchin firm on 1.5 trillion as top price tag for Biden's 3.5 trillion economic agenda;Oct 1, 2021