CNN Site Map for Section Health (Galleries) for November - 2015
- 2015-11-23The centerpiece of most Thanksgiving dinners, a 3-ounce serving of roasted white meat turkey has 125 calories. You bring up the calorie count by opting for dark meat instead of light —it has 147 calories -- and eating the skin, which adds 26 calories.
- 2015-11-23These buttercup-type squash grow up to 5 pounds on average. The insides of this heirloom squash can be roasted and has a nutty sweet flavor.
- 2015-11-20Claire Guest is the CEO of Medical Detection Dogs, a company that trains dogs to sniff out cancer. Her fox red Labrador, Daisy, caught her breast cancer six years ago when she was 45. "She kept staring at me and lunging into my chest. It led me to fi
- 2015-11-20Move over fingerprints. From your ears to your toes, many of your body parts make you uniquely special. And all of them are being investigated as a way to identify you from others in a crowd.
- 2015-11-19The number of salmonella infections linked to cucumbers continues to soar. Four people have died in this year's ongoing outbreak, according to the Centers for Disease Control, which has reported more than 800 cases.
- 2015-11-12Break the addiction for your cardiovascular health, for personal hygiene and your wallet. 86% of Americans met American Heart Association's ideal score for overall cardiovascular health, as of 2010, according to a recent study.)
- 2015-11-12Cindy Parlow Cone grew up playing soccer. She played her first competitive match for the U.S. women's national team aged 17.
- 2015-11-11Three-year-old Darnal Mundy II and his mother, Dorphise Jean, before the night Darnal accidentally shot himself in the head.
- 2015-11-11David Masters was on a temporary duty assignment at Ali Al Salem Air Base in Kuwait in 2004 when he noticed the first symptoms of ALS: "I was weight training, working out in the gym, and my right arm did not want to cooperate, did not want to keep u
- 2015-11-11Everest is the tallest mountain in the world, at 8,847 meters above sea level. Low oxygen at that altitude pushes human endurance to its limits. Pictured, Sherpa mountaineer Pemba Dorje Sherpa and others on Everest, 2009.
- 2015-11-11Dana Santas, center, creator of Radius Yoga Conditioning, recently taught a yoga session at the Veterans Alternative Center in Holiday, Florida. The goal? To help "reconnect their mind, body and spirit on the mat."
- 2015-11-06CNN asked dozens of Atlanta students to open up their backpacks and reveal: What, exactly, is in those big, heavy bags? Here's what we found.
Clarke, a kindergarten student at KIPP STRIVE Primary, said her favorite subject is "playing outside a
- 2015-11-06Researchers from the University of Connecticut Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity ranked how often children ages 6 to 11 saw snack ads in 2014 based on Nielsen syndicated data.
The products children saw advertised most often were Betty Crocker frui
- 2015-11-05Brian Cuban went through a large part of his life with severe worries about his body. Here he is as a child in 1968.