CNN Site Map for Section Health (Galleries) for December - 2015
- 2015-12-30The deer mouse is a potential source of diseases including the plague, salmonellosis and hantavirus.
- 2015-12-30A recent survey found that airlines have a long way to go in making their meals and snacks nutritious and low in calories.
Coming in first, none of Virgin America's meals is high in calories. The average number is 408 calories. In addition to being
- 2015-12-23Gabby, age 7, drew this photo of God, and said, "God has giant ears so he can hear everything we are saying." Here are other children's impressions of God from the book "OMG! How Children See God."
- 2015-12-22Who says boys can't wear pink? These brands started by mothers of sons hope to change what it means to dress like a boy.
- 2015-12-16Insite is a supervised drug injection center in Vancouver, Canada. Pictured, Steve, a long-term heroin addict, prepares to inject himself.
- 2015-12-14A study by Duke psychiatrists found John Adams would have been diagnosed with a bipolar disorder.
- 2015-12-14People sit in wooden coffins at the Hyowon Healing Center in Seoul, South Korea. It's where groups of people who might be struggling with depression, stress or suicidal thoughts go to act out their own funerals. After the emotional, personal experien
- 2015-12-10In the following slides, we compare the amount of sugar found in some of America's top-selling beverages -- according to Beverage Industry magazine's 2013 State of the Industry Report -- to the sugar found in common sugary snacks.
- 2015-12-09The new recommendations are to mix sitting with standing and moving at work. Gadgets and gears can help, even if you have to try out different ones until you find what works for you.
- 2015-12-09Scientists are using the Concordia research station in Antarctica to research the effects of long space missions. In winter, no sunlight is seen for four months and the typical crew of 12 live in complete isolation.
- 2015-12-09A growing amount of research suggests that just standing -- even if you don't walk around -- can have health benefits. To get the right balance, sit 20 minutes out of every half hour at work, standing for eight minutes and moving around for at least
- 2015-12-08Why just brag that you went to the gym for 30 minutes when you can rattle off the number of calories you burned, steps taken or stairs climbed? A fitness tracker, with its heart rate monitor, accelerometer and other sensors, gives your giftee the power to
- 2015-12-01"We are not humans having a spiritual experience, but rather we are spiritual beings having a human experience." In memory of David M., Atlanta, 1988
- 2015-12-01World AIDS Day 2015