CNN Site Map for Section Health (Galleries) for April - 2015
- 2015-04-30Now going on eight years clean, Anthony Sideri volunteers at the local soup kitchen and speaks to high school students to encourage them not to fall down the path he took.
- 2015-04-30Dozens of foods can cause allergic reactions. Milk is one of the most common allergenic foods. Under U.S. law, foods containing a major food allergen must have labels that identify these ingredients. Click through this gallery to see the major food allerg
- 2015-04-22Start in a neutral all-fours position with your hips over your knees and your shoulders above your wrists. Engage your deep core muscles to stabilize your low back.
- 2015-04-20Cutting back on your portions is one easy way to drop excess pounds. Click through our gallery to see other quick tips.
- 2015-04-17The once barren fields at the University of Mississippi are now bursting with research-grade cannabis. Scientists with the Marijuana Project have bred the plants to create different strains, each with varying levels of THC, the ingredient in marijuana tha
- 2015-04-17"I once had a woman state to me that the color of the clothes she was wearing that day didn't match her mood, so as a result she couldn't work out."
- 2015-04-16Between its outlaw image, controversial legal status and complex makeup -- the cannabis plant contains more than 400 individual chemicals -- marijuana's action in the brain and body is in many ways a mystery. The vast majority of studies on the drug
- 2015-04-14In October, a Doctors Without Borders health worker carries a child suspected of having Ebola in Liberia. Nonprofits often have to fill in the gaps in West Africa, where the health care system was extremely limited even before the epidemic. Because of civ
- 2015-04-14Blueberries contain antioxidants that improve your reaction to stress, so if you're feeling the pressure, grab some of these. Click through our gallery to see other foods that help reduce stress.
- 2015-04-09The bacteria and chemicals found on human skin have been sampled and mapped across the body in a series of 3-D images. Pictured, an artistic representation depicts how the location and intensity of molecules are mapped and visualized.
- 2015-04-09Pursuing artistic activities, like painting, drawing or sculpting, has been proven to prevent memory issues that could lead to dementia. These activities also had the greatest preventative impact. Click through to see other fun things you can do to protec
- 2015-04-07Feel like you need a massage? Try foam rolling.
For calves: With both hands on the floor behind you for support, rest your calves (back of lower legs) on the roller. Cross your legs at the ankle. Roll from just above your ankle to just below your knee.
- 2015-04-06Students perform eye-exercises in a classroom at a bilingual middle school in China's far northwest Xinjiang. Eye exercises have been mandated in China since 1963 to help reduce the rate of eye disorders. Critics question their effectiveness.
- 2015-04-06Commuting creates one of your least active periods during the day, which can contribute to weight gain.
- 2015-04-03La obsidiana --un tipo de cristal volcánico-- puede producir bordes afilados que muchas veces son más finos que incluso los mejores bisturíes de acero.