CNN Site Map for Section Health (Galleries) for May - 2015
- 2015-05-29Candy Barone's self-sabotaging behavior has roots in her childhood. Through her teen years, twenties and into her early thirties, it increased, causing her weight to fluctuate. Click through our gallery to see her transformation.
- 2015-05-28To reap the rewards of office yoga, you don't need to sacrifice your lunch hour for class, stand on your head in the break room, or chant "OM" loudly at your desk. You can easily integrate yoga into your workday in subtle ways that deliver
- 2015-05-28Yoga expert Dana Santas advises her clients to become more mindful of their sitting habits. But awareness is only the first tip. Here are a few simple yoga poses to counterbalance the negatives of sitting too much:
- 2015-05-22Most experts recommend eating flaxseeds ground so you don't end up flushing the health benefits away.
- 2015-05-22Jiujitsu Bronze medalist Michelle Anthony (right) with her boyfriend. After years of crippling fear, she now feels confident because of her decision to take classes in jiujitsu.
- 2015-05-19Children ride bikes past the Capitol building in Washington, D.C. which topped the list as the "Nation's Fittest City," according to the annual American Fitness Index.
- 2015-05-18Chipotle, the popular burrito chain, announced on April 27 that it will only use ingredients free of genetically modified organisms (GMOs), although studies suggest that GMOs do not present a risk to human health.
- 2015-05-15Prunes have fiber as well as fructans and sorbitol, fermentable sugars that can have a laxative effect.
- 2015-05-15The ZAP Fitness Adult Running Camps begin in June and go through early September in Blowing Rock, North Carolina. Click through our gallery to discover more running camps in the U.S.
- 2015-05-14Lucas Weaver has lost over a hundred pounds, and now lives a very active life.
- 2015-05-14Hollywood loves an infectious movie plot. In "28 Days Later" (2002), a virus experiment on monkeys goes wrong after activists free the animals, who then infect London. It takes only 28 days for the city to destroy itself. Writer Alex Garland say
- 2015-05-12Cheryl Mauthe lies on her couch in pain one day after her lumpectomy in March 2014. The operation involved removing three lymph nodes in her left breast and armpit, causing her more discomfort than she was expecting.
- 2015-05-07Scientists haven't narrowed down exactly why some people are more appetizing than others, but they have a few ideas. Click through the gallery for some hints on becoming less delicious.
- 2015-05-01CNN Fit Nation team member Linda Garrett rides whenever she can, hoping to get ready for the Nautica Malibu Triathlon on September 20.
- 2015-05-01The Pacific islands are home to nine of the top 10 countries for obesity globally. Rates of obesity range from 35% to 50% in the region and one in five children are estimated to be obese.