CNN Site Map for Section Health (Galleries) for June - 2015
- 2015-06-30Parents should watch out for added sugar in flavored yogurt branded for kids. Click through our gallery for more information on kid-friendly food that might contain extra sugar.
- 2015-06-30While food accounts for a large portion of the added sugar in our diet, many experts recommend cutting back on sugary beverages to reduce daily intake. Consumption of sugary drinks might lead to an estimated 184,000 adult deaths each year worldwide, accor
- 2015-06-29David Herrera-Santos, left, and Carlos Santos-Herrera, right, hold their marriage certificate on the steps of an Atlanta courthouse. Photos by Kelly Embry (www.kellyembryphoto.com).
- 2015-06-26Americans are still too fat: two in three Americans register as overweight or obese, according to the latest data published in JAMA Internal Medicine.
- 2015-06-26Tharon Drake, 22, is a Paralympic hopeful swimmer who navigates the pool completely blind. Click through the photo gallery to learn more about Tharon Drake.
- 2015-06-23They're called "comfort" foods for a reason -- they bring back warm memories, tickle your taste buds, and soothe your soul. Though some comfort foods are deep-fried, covered in cheese, or packed with sugar, some can actually help you lose w
- 2015-06-23An estimated 47 million people globally have Alzheimer's disease, and that number is projected to triple by 2050. There is no cure or real treatment, but studies show and according to the Alzheimer's Association, there are some things you can do
- 2015-06-19Both vegan and paleo diets place an emphasis on plant-based foods, since they're a tremendous source of the vitamins and minerals that our bodies need to remain healthy. They should make up 75 percent of your diet. Click through our gallery to see th
- 2015-06-16The Food and Drug Administration recently took a step toward eliminating most trans fat from our food. The government agency said it has made a preliminary determination that a major source of trans fats -- partially hydrogenated oils -- is no longer &quo
- 2015-06-11The term "Blue Zones" has been used to describe small pockets of the world where people, on average, live longer and healthier lives. One such Blue Zone is the Greek island of Ikaria, where octogenarians Alexandro and Antiiopi Koufadakis live. T
- 2015-06-11From standing, step back into a lunge but drop your back heel and point your toes out 45 degrees. Keep your back leg straight with your forward knee flexed above your ankle. Lift your arms overhead, shoulder-distance apart. Hold for five long, deep breath
- 2015-06-11Clare Dunkle's daugher, Elena, had trauma-related anorexia in her late teens. Now, Elena is healthy. Click through the gallery to see her progression.
- 2015-06-11IHOP's Chorizo Fiesta Omelette weighs in at 1,990 calories. Click through our gallery to see the other meals that tipped the high-calorie scale.
- 2015-06-04Visual Dx as an online tool used by doctors to aid in patient diagnosis. It has developed the world's largest medical diagnostic collection with more than 100,000 images curated by experts.