CNN Site Map for Section Health (Galleries) for September - 2015
- 2015-09-30Photographer Tatiana Vinogradova recently took portraits of gay men in Russia. Pictured here is Anatoly, a 23-year-old from St. Petersburg, in May 2014. The somber mood in the series is reflective of a country that has largely shunned them.
- 2015-09-28The Dove family has been struck by leukemia twice. Lily, left, was diagnosed in 2013. Her identical twin, Bailey, right, was just diagnosed in March 2015. Their parents, Erin and Ryan, and older sister, Maddie, try to maintain a sense of normalcy for the
- 2015-09-22Without adequate anesthesia during surgery, your brain can stay awake and aware while your muscles stay frozen. It's called anesthesia awareness, and it happens to about one out of every 1,000 patients. When you schedule surgery, ask your surgeon if
- 2015-09-21Dr. Luanne Freer founded Everest ER, a nonprofit medical clinic, in 2003. The clinic is open every year during climbing season at Everest Base Camp.
- 2015-09-21Apples are the go-to fruit among youth ages 2 to 19, according to a study published in Pediatrics. Apples account for 18.9% of fruit intake among that age group.
- 2015-09-17Here, Delia and some close friends, including Delia's fourth wife, Penny, visit a local restaurant before attending a theater show.
- 2015-09-15Arnold "The Terminator" Schwarzenegger made a career change at 56, winning election as California's governor in 2003. He has most recently been tapped to replace Donald Trump as host of NBC's "Celebrity Apprentice."
- 2015-09-15A new report by Friends of the Earth and the National Resources Defense Council grades America's 25 largest fast food and "fast casual" restaurants on their antibiotics policies and sourcing practices. Fourteen restaurants scored zero point
- 2015-09-10The PrEP Heroes campaign aims to increase awareness of drugs that prevent HIV from establishing itself if a person is exposed. "Being a part of the PrEP Hero campaign was important because it was an opportunity to show diversity in communities where
- 2015-09-09The remote Kalaupapa peninsula on the Hawaiian island of Molokai housed a settlement for Leprosy patients from 1866 to 1969. When it was closed, many residents chose to remain.
- 2015-09-08A chin up is a pulling movement that promotes strength in the arms, shoulder girdle, upper back and core. Make it a goal to perform at least one unassisted, full range-of-motion, chin up.
- 2015-09-04Maris Degener's life changed for the better when she discovered yoga. Once anxious and suffering from anorexia, this healthy 16-year-old wants to dedicate her life to helping others. Click through our gallery to learn more of Degener's story.
- 2015-09-03Chili's "Lighter Choice" Margarita Grilled Chicken only has 580 calories and comes with delicious black beans, rice and pico de gallo. Click through our gallery to see other healthy choices.
- 2015-09-03The complete Eatwell tableware set
- 2015-09-02When you first get out of bed, stand with feet hip distance and palms together at the center of your chest.