CNN Site Map for Section Health (Galleries) for January - 2017
- 2017-01-31Instead of saturating your tortilla chips with copious amounts of cheese, choose alternate toppings for a leaner, more flavorful approach on these healthy loaded nachos.
- 2017-01-27When it comes to kids' meals, you really can't go wrong with a Happy Meal with chicken McNuggets (four pieces), apple slices, a low-fat yogurt stick and low-fat milk. The apples and the yogurt stick are a welcome substitution for fries and nicel
- 2017-01-23Many films and TV shows feature characters with dissociative identity disorder. Mental health advocates have criticized many of them for sensationalizing a diagnosis, often in horror movies and thrillers, that affects many people. In "Split," an
- 2017-01-23Main Street in Hyannis, the Grant County seat, features a small handful of businesses, including a grocery store, a bank, a restaurant, a bar and a health care clinic that is open only one full day a week.
- 2017-01-23Starchy foods, such as bread and potatoes, can produce high levels of the compound acrylamide if cooked at high temperatures and for too long. This compound is what makes these foods golden in color. If overly cooked, they become brown, or black, resultin
- 2017-01-20 A recent study found gun violence continues to increase in PG-13 movies. Take a look at some of the more recent films the researchers analyzed, including "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" (2015).
- 2017-01-19Emily McDowell took her approach to illustrating cards about empathy and has included them in her new book, coauthored with Kelsey Crowe, "There Is No Good Card For This: What to Say and Do When Life is Scary, Awful and Unfair to People You Love.&quo
- 2017-01-13Turnips are a cruciferous vegetable, known for their high concentrations of vitamins, minerals and health-promoting carotenoids. They're also great sources of fiber, folate and vitamins C, E and K.
- 2017-01-12Angie Kupper, who struggled with narcolepsy, as Sleeping Beauty. Kupper created fairy-tale portraits like this one to depict struggles people overcame in real life.
- 2017-01-09Leafy vegetables, along with dried beans and peas, are a good food source of folic acid. When pregnant, the National Library of Medicine recommends getting at least two of your daily servings of vegetables from green, leafy veggies.
- 2017-01-04Former pro football player Kevin Turner, shown here during a 1998 NFL game, had the most advanced stage of CTE when he died in March at the age of 46. Dr. Ann McKee of Boston University and the Concussion Legacy Foundation said that Turner's CTE brou
- 2017-01-04Jennifer Allison breathes through a contraction before giving birth to her daughter Sky 19 months ago. Sky was born with heterotaxy, a series of rare birth defects, and doctors warned that she might not make it past her toddler years. Allison wanted to &q
- 2017-01-04More than 50 million people in the United States suffer allergies each year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Snacking on nuts during the first year of life may reduce the risk of a nut allergy in children, studies show. Prev