CNN Site Map for Section Health (Galleries) for May - 2017
- 2017-05-30Retired army members take part in a laughing yoga session ahead of 2017 World Laughing Day. Studies have shown that mirthful laughter, the kind that stems from real joy, relieves stress, lightens mood and confers health benefits.
- 2017-05-30Stacie Krajchir-Tom, founder of the Bungalow PR firm, pregnant with her son, Milo Kekoa, at age 42. She experienced three miscarriages and one fibroid surgery before conceiving through intrauterine insemination.
- 2017-05-30To lose weight, you need to burn more calories than you consume, which inevitably means one thing: portion control. But you're not necessarily doomed to a growling stomach until you reach your goal.
"Portion control doesn't mean you have t
- 2017-05-25The hat and shirt worn by Jaime Santana and boots worn by Justin Gauger when they were struck by lightning in Arizona, US.
- 2017-05-24Today, we know that smoking kills. But it wasn't so long ago that images of doctors, nurses and celebrities told us to light up. It was good for you, they said. These historical ads tell the story.
- 2017-05-24Car seats are important to keep kids safe from birth through age 13. To make sure they're safe, find the right car seat for your child's size; make sure it's installed correctly, whether it's front-facing or rear-facing; and stay on to
- 2017-05-23Staying physically active has been associated with a reduced risk of several forms of cancer. Experts recommend exercising at least 150 minutes (2½ hours) per week.
- 2017-05-22In January, 16,000 fan-runners entered the "Star Wars" half-marathon at Disneyland in California. It started at 5:30 a.m., through a gate featuring Tatooinian architecture.
- 2017-05-19Myron Rolle at age 3. He developed an interest in football and neuroscience at a young age, he says.
- 2017-05-18Girls Will Be designs clothes with a unique "in-the-middle" fit (not too fitted, but not too boxy) and graphics that break gender stereotypes. The brand comes in bold colors (beyond just pink!) without all the frills.
- 2017-05-18Subtle differences occur in body odor when someone is sick or infected, changing their odors from pleasant to aversive. When picked up by others, these differences can inform them to protect themselves and avoid becoming infected.
- 2017-05-16Conestoga Ranch, Garden City, Utah: Life at this remote Utah ranch is centered around Bear Lake, where guests can stay in 19th-century style Conestoga wagons or glamping-style tents.
- 2017-05-14Ryan Dant graduated from the University of Louisville on Saturday. His father credits "hard work and great science" for even making the day possible. Click through our gallery to learn more about Ryan's life.
- 2017-05-12The Social Security Administration's annual list of popular baby names tends to reflect pop culture's influence. It's impossible to say with certainty who inspired baby name trends, but movies, TV, music and sports can reveal who keeps the
- 2017-05-12Children are posed as sunflowers in this 1998 photo by Anne Geddes. In her newest book, "Small World," Geddes reflects on a career that has spanned three decades. There are many photos in the book that have never been published before.
- 2017-05-10Ibuprofen falls into the class of drugs known as NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs). Sold under brand names including Motrin or Advil, it's used to treat minor aches and pains and reduce fever. It may be prescribed in stronger doses. It co
- 2017-05-10Fauja Singh is recognized as the first 100-year-old to ever run a marathon. The great-grandfather, nicknamed the "Turbaned Tornado," continues to run or walk every day. Now 106, he took up running to overcome his grief after the death of his wif
- 2017-05-06Aunt Jemima frozen pancakes, waffles and French toast were recalled over concerns of listeria contamination.
- 2017-05-05The 13 special needs students and their teacher at the start of their prom night.
- 2017-05-04Prince Philip, born 1921: Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, is to step down from public life, Buckingham Palace announced. The husband of Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, left, may continue to appear at public events.
- 2017-05-03Vegan soy bratwurst has become a popular choice in Germany, allowing meat-lovers to cut meat from their diets without necessarily changing them too much. Meat-free diets have come a long way, with a variety of alternative options.
- 2017-05-02Neoplasms, also known as tumors, have been linked to high mortality rates in counties along the southern half of the Mississippi River; eastern Kentucky, such as Powell County; western Virginia; and western Alaska, such as the Wade Hampton Census Area.
- 2017-05-02WeGoBabies vending machines stock diapers, wipes, pacifiers, milk, formula, snacks and more.
- 2017-05-01Mary Mallon, who became known as "Typhoid Mary," was identified circa 1907 as the controversial "patient zero" in a typhoid fever outbreak in the United States in the early 1900s. Although she never had symptoms, she was forced into qu