CNN Site Map for Section Health (Galleries) for March - 2018
- 2018-03-30A young fan enjoys the NBA's latest sensory room at Vivint Smart Home Arena in Salt Lake City, Utah. The rooms "aid in both calming and stimulating the senses," according to George Ballew, a licensed clinical social worker and clinical dire
- 2018-03-29Studies have shown that there is an association with Frank's sign, the visible external crease on the earlobe, and increased risk of atherosclerosis, a disease in which plaque builds up inside your arteries.
- 2018-03-27The human body is photographed in fascinating, microscopic detail in the book "Science is Beautiful," by Colin Salter. Here are some of the most spectacular images, with text from the book.
Pictured, Serotonin is released by blood platelets dur
- 2018-03-21Luke Skywalker's prosthetic hand in "The Empire Strikes Back." Singaporean biotechnologist Benjamin Tee is engineering an electronic skin substitute that will help people wearing prosthetics to one day feel with artificial limbs. Tee was in
- 2018-03-21Guinea worm disease infected millions of people just 30 years ago. Now, it is close to eradication.
The Carter Center has led efforts to fight the disease, helping educate people on how to avoid spreading the worm.
- 2018-03-20A calorie-controlled diet improves not only your health but also your lifespan, research suggests.
- 2018-03-16In January, ice cross racers barreled down a rolling 340-meter course that had a vertical drop of 35 meters in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- 2018-03-07The "Venus of Willendorf" figurine dates to about 25,000 BC and is considered a masterpiece of the Paleolithic era. Some historians point to the 4-inch statuette as a representation of idealized female beauty at the time.
- 2018-03-03In Hong Kong, life expectancies at birth for both sexes have steadily increased over the past 46 years. In 2016, life expectancy there was 81.3 years for men and 87.3 years for women -- topping global rankings.
- 2018-03-02Researchers found a tattoo on the upper arm of this Egyptian mummy. He is thought to have lived around 5,000 years ago and was between 18 and 21 years old when he died from a stab wound to the back.
- 2018-03-02College freshman Indrani Das hit headlines in 2017 for her research into brain cells and preventing the damaging side effects that occur when the brain heals. For people with brain injuries and neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer's, her finding