CNN Site Map for Section Living (Galleries) for October - 2013
- 2013-10-31To achieve this key lime pie, you must first craft a stellar crumb crust. Here's how.
- 2013-10-31Bolas de vainilla cubiertas en...¡Adivinaste, chocolate!, hechas amorosamente por Caking It para la pastelería emergente "Feed the Beast".
- 2013-10-30With the worldwide consumption of wine increasing and the production decreasing, Old World and New World producers alike are trying to keep up with demand. In South Africa, Chris Alheit tests one of his wines in Hemelrand in Western Cape. He is determined
- 2013-10-29Brazilian surfer Carlos Burle, top center, rides a massive wave at Praia do Norte, outside the fishing village of Nazare, Portugal, on Monday, October 28. The wave was estimated to be around 100 feet high, and Burle is hoping to have his feat ratified as
- 2013-10-29For 25 years, barbecue enthusiasts and pitmasters have converged in Lynchburg, Tennessee, for the annual Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational Barbecue. There are cash prizes at stake, and some pretty serious bragging rights. Ribs, like the o
- 2013-10-29Si tu mascota soporta las orejas de conejo, como el perro de la iReporter Karol Afaneh ¡Halloween podría ser muy ajetreado!
- 2013-10-29Balls of vanilla sponge covered in ... you've guessed it, chocolate, lovingly made by Caking It for the pop-up 'Feed the Beast' cake shop.
- 2013-10-28In his new book, "One Summer: America, 1927," author Bill Bryson explores the turmoil and triumph of a few months in American history. Click through the gallery to see some of the events that unfolded.
In September 1927, Babe Ruth of the New Yo
- 2013-10-28Growing up, Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson said he wanted to be a professional baseball player, especially for the Oakland A's. "And if that didn't work out so well then I wanted to be a teacher because teachers had such an impact on me, li
- 2013-10-28Los estudiantes de la Universidad de Ohio han puesto en marcha una campaña como parte de un esfuerzo para evitar que las culturas se traduzcan en disfraces estereotipados. Estos carteles representan algunos de los trajes ofensivos y las culturas que afect
- 2013-10-27Kate Middleton, la Duquesa de Cambridge, juega vólibol durante una visita al SportsAid Athlete Workshop el 18 de octubre. Los espectadores notaron su abdomen plano, a sólo unos meses después de haber dado a luz al Príncipe Jorge. Haz clic para ver más pos
- 2013-10-26To some, polyamory means more than an open relationship -- it's about having multiple committed relationships. Billy Holder, left, and wife Melissa Holder, second from right, live with their partner Jeremy Mullins, right. Pictured with them is Amy Mu
- 2013-10-25Some 240 designers and fashion labels are being showcased at Jakarta Fashion Week, which runs until Friday, October 25, in Indonesia's capital. Models showcase designs by Fitria Aulia at the Glorious Moors show on October 25.
- 2013-10-24Edgar Allen Poe's poem "The Raven" inspired blogger Roeshel Summerville to create this "nevermore tree." Her blog The DIY Showoff shows how to recreate this display.
- 2013-10-24Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, plays volleyball during a trip to the SportsAid Athlete Workshop on October 18. Onlookers noticed her flat tummy, just a few months out from giving birth to Prince George. Click through for more Pregnancy Hu
- 2013-10-23"Much Loved" by Mark Nixon features photographs of some "loved to bits" teddy bears.
At left, Peter Rabbit --
Height: 16 inches.
Belongs to Calum Nixon.
- 2013-10-22Raika Ferraz smiles after winning the Miss T Brazil transgender beauty pageant on Monday, October 21.
- 2013-10-18Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Cook onion until golden, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer to large bowl.
- 2013-10-17When her best-selling memoir "Eat, Pray, Love" went from page to screen, Elizabeth Gilbert's profile skyrocketed. She was played by Julia Roberts, seen here, in the film adaptation. Click through the gallery for more examples of authors por
- 2013-10-16Skull Pops
- 2013-10-16In the October 20 episode of "Parts Unknown," Anthony Bourdain ventures to Johannesburg and the surrounding areas to examine post-apartheid South Africa. Here, a local cook prepares mieliepap (or pap), a porridge made of cornmeal.
- 2013-10-16The clip-art designs here, created by crafts editor Marcie McGoldrick and professional carver Marc Evan, show how the same things that attract you to textiles and prints—strong images, repeating graphics—make for a beautiful pumpkin.
- 2013-10-16Over the years, Martha has both spooked and delighted audiences and readers with her creative Halloween costumes. Which one do you find most appealing -- or appalling? Martha and crafts editor Marcie McGoldrick's vision for the 2013 Halloween special
- 2013-10-16Weddings: they're all Champagne toasts and rose petals a-plenty -- at least until the bills start rolling in. Eliminate any awkwardness or unexpected expenses up front by figuring out who is responsible for footing each part with some guidance from M
- 2013-10-15Snapchat: Con esta aplicación, los niños envían fotos y videos -algunos de ellos picantes- que desaparecen en cuestión de segundos.
- 2013-10-14At age 37, Malissa Booth entered the tattooing industry, hoping to get a part-time job after she was laid off. But it became more than just a hobby for her. Here she is tattooing her apprentice in her shop.
- 2013-10-13The Rev. Nadia Bolz-Weber got her first tattoo to set herself apart from her Christian community.
- 2013-10-11Alicia and Evan Coulter of Arvada, Colorado attend the 32nd annual Great American Beer Festival at the Colorado Convention Center on October 10, 2013 in Denver, Colorado.
- 2013-10-11If your pet has the patience for bunny ears, like iReporter Karol Afaneh's dog, Halloween could be hopping!
- 2013-10-10In the October 13 episode of "Parts Unknown," Anthony Bourdain tries out the Sicilian way of life. "This is what I've been waiting for. This is what I wanted Sicily to be," says the host over a bowl of fresh pasta.
- 2013-10-10Atheists and Christians have used billboards as a way of opening dialogue and hurling insults. Here's a look at the newest in the billboard wars, a mock up of a billboard targeting atheists paid for by creationists in New York's Times Square.
- 2013-10-10Walton Creel's bullet hole artwork is featured in his living room, along with a collection of bird cages and deer antlers.
- 2013-10-10Like going to weddings? Here's how you get asked to more of them.
- 2013-10-09Minister Deitrick Haddon performs at the City of Refuge in Los Angeles.
- 2013-10-09After peeling squash, use chef's knife to trim off top and bottom and then cut squash in half where narrow neck and wide curved bottom meet.
- 2013-10-09Siempre se creyó que Ronan Farrow era el hijo biológico de la actriz Mia Farrow y el director Woody Allen, hasta que su madre reveló recientemente a la revista Vanity Fair que Frank Sinatra podría ser el padre del joven de 25 años de edad. Ronan nació en
- 2013-10-08Ronan Farrow was always thought to be the biological son of actress Mia Farrow and director Woody Allen -- until his mother recently revealed to Vanity Fair magazine that Frank Sinatra might be the 25-year-old's father. Ronan was born in December 198
- 2013-10-08CDC: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- 2013-10-08Rita Moreno on the March 1, 1954, cover of Life magazine. "I didn't want to be ... this 'sexpot'," she told CNN. Moreno added that she had no role models, so she chose one: Elizabeth Taylor.
- 2013-10-07In the junior high library, "Go Ask Alice" was surely listed under the author "Anonymous." In reality, it was published in 1971 by therapist Beatrice Sparks in the form of a diary of an unidentified teen who becomes addicted to drugs.
- 2013-10-07In the October 6 episode of "Parts Unknown," Anthony Bourdain travels to Copenhagen, Denmark, to visit renowned chef Rene Redzepi. "By the way, it would be helpful to point out this show is not about Denmark. It's not about Copenhagen.
- 2013-10-03George Wythe House: Built in 1750 in Williamsburg, Virginia, this Georgian-style colonial home is said to be the most haunted house in all of Colonial Williamsburg.
- 2013-10-03Wedding and engagement rings don't have to be traditional, just special.
- 2013-10-03Construida en 1750 en Williamsburg, Virginia, esta casa colonial de estilo georgiano se dice que es la casa más embrujada de toda la región.
- 2013-10-03Brit + Co. sponsored a "Pimp My Desk" contest for its employees. Winner Dzuy Linh created a diner-themed desk using 1950s-themed objcts as accessories and vinyl decals to create a red and checkerboard base.
- 2013-10-01"Knowing my love of all things Mexican, you might expect me to be eating tacos for the next hour," Anthony Bourdain says of his visit to New Mexico. Here, he visits a taco truck for pork, beef and tongue tacos.
- 2013-10-01Some of the fanciest cats and sharpest dogs in New York City showed up for the Haute Kitty CATure Feline & Canine Fashion Show on September 28 at the American Kennel Club's "Meet The Breeds" showcase at Jacob Javits Center. Here, a sphy
- 2013-10-01In Our Favorite Chili recipe, we toast dried chiles and then process them with flavorful ingredients and chicken broth to make a deeply flavored alternative to gritty and dull-tasting ready-made chili powder.