CNN Site Map for Section Living (Galleries) for May - 2013
- 2013-05-31Chef Ryan Hidinger, right, and his wife, Jen Hidinger, top, are close to their dream of turning their underground supper club into a brick-and-mortar restaurant. Joining them on the venture is Ryan's sister Kara Hidinger, bottom, and friend Ryan Smit
- 2013-05-31'Hannibal' food stylist Janice Poon crafts playful, elaborate, gory and edible art for the series' cannibalistic protagonist, Dr. Lecter.
- 2013-05-30Oprah Winfrey is set to deliver the commencement at Harvard University on May 30. She spoke at the commencement for Spelman College in Georgia in 2012.
- 2013-05-28Interior designer Erin Gates recommends using your personal look as inspiration for home decor. If you like wearing white lace, you can translate that aesthetic to your living quarters by mimicking patterns and colors from your closet.
- 2013-05-27Pequannock, New Jersey resident Jennifer Fuchs likes to take decorating into her own hands. "Some of the things I created are the paintings, the burlap bus scroll art, the entry way porcupine-like mirror," she said. Handmade things make her ecle
- 2013-05-23Anthony Bourdain and Eric Ripert traveled to the coastal fishing town of Pucusana to join Chef Coque Ossio for a meal at his family home.
- 2013-05-23Jes Baker, who blogs under the name "The Militant Baker," changed Abercrombie and Fitch's logo to "Attractive & Fat" to challenge CEO Mike Jeffries' comments about marketing to "cool, good-looking people." The c
- 2013-05-20La ropa de mezclilla (vaqueros, tejanos o blue jeans originalmente) inició como ropa de trabajo en minas o fábricas, como se ve en estos dos recolectores de fruta en British Columbia en 1942.
- 2013-05-19It's prom season in Birmingham, Alabama, and this year some senior citizens are joining the high school seniors. Here, Earnestine Thomas waits to get her hair done on Friday for her Class of 1963 prom.
- 2013-05-17The day begins with a morning yoga session outside.
- 2013-05-14Ever wanted to throw a party like Gatsby? Check out this gallery to learn how. As the much-anticipated adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's classic novel hits theaters, we asked CNN readers to share their best 1920s-inspired parties and hosting tips.
- 2013-05-10John Clarke se tatuó 'mum' (ma') en su hombro a los 50 años. Se lo enseñó a su madre en su cumpleaños número 70, a pesar que ella odia los tatuajes (John Clarke/Cortesía)
- 2013-05-10"In his blue gardens men and girls came and went like moths among the whisperings and the champagne and the stars."
- 2013-05-09Mark Twain's "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" has been filmed several times, but no version has captured Twain's wise, knowing wit. Here are some other novels that haven't translated well to the screen or have never made it at
- 2013-05-09Illinois State Representative Luis Arroyo introduced legislation that would ban the commercialization of lion meat. Previous sellers and chefs have met with extreme negative reaction from the public, and one vendor served jail time for illegally buying an
- 2013-05-09iReporter Diane Rice captured a singular image of one of those remarkably shaped groupings of spice cones, a monument to Morocco's exotic qualities.
- 2013-05-09Radio host Rachael Gordon talks on-air from the CD102.5 studios in Columbus, Ohio. WWCD-FM is a rarity in today's world of radio, an independently operated and locally owned commercial music station.
- 2013-05-08Top Chef's Padma Lakshmi and Chopped's Ted Allen walk the red carpet at the 2013 James Beard Awards.
- 2013-05-08Anthony Bourdain, right, talks with British ex-pat Jonathan Dawson at Cafe Tingis in Tangier, Morocco.
- 2013-05-06Spring weather can be pretty, but it can also be pretty extreme. How does one dress for freezing mornings, rainy afternoons and balmy evenings? Sharon Haver, a stylist and fashion reporter who runs "FocusOnStyle," shares practical solutions base
- 2013-05-06Sometimes, busy moms prioritize getting their children dressed and fed in the morning instead of themselves. Click through this gallery of morning rituals moms forgo for a manageable start to the day.
- 2013-05-06"The Baker Street Translation" by Michael Robertson.
- 2013-05-03Montreal chef Martin Picard prepares beaver stew from a freshly snared catch.
- 2013-05-03Sally Steinmann has never owned a horse, but her heart is full of love for them. Now, she creates hats in honor of retired racehorses at Old Friends. A hat is auctioned off to benefit their welfare each month for six months, leading up to the Kentucky Der
- 2013-05-02Dietmar Eckell's bid to photograph what he calls "miracles in aviation history" -- airplanes that were forced down without loss of life -- has taken him from African deserts to Papua New Guinean swamps, like this photo.
"In Papua New
- 2013-05-01Who commits sexual assault?
- 2013-05-01El afro: Natural, voluminoso y atemporal, el afro viene en muchas formas y tamaños, pero hemos notado una gran cantidad de los modernos como el de Solange que tienen gran tamaño.