CNN Site Map for Section Architecture (Galleries) for January - 2018
- 2018-01-25Ken Shuttlesworth's new building, 5 Broadgate in London. "(It's) only 35 percent glazing, with 65 percent solid iron insulated panels," he said, "which actually reduce the amount of carbon the building needs to burn."
- 2018-01-23The brainchild of Hong Kong architectural firm James Law Cybertecture, the OPod was unveiled in late 2017.
- 2018-01-19The London's Victoria and Albert Museum opened to the public in December 2017 in Shekou, Shenzhen.
- 2018-01-17The world's next tallest building, the Jeddah Tower, is scheduled to be completed by 2020 in Saudi Arabia. This 3,280-feet tower will be taller than the Dubai's iconic Burf Khalifa.
- 2018-01-15Renowned interior and product designer Marcel Wanders marks his first venture into prefab design with his glass-walled "Eden" houses.
- 2018-01-112017's tallest new skyscraper was the 1,966-foot (599-meter) Ping An Finance Center in Shenzhen, which is now the fourth tallest building in the world.
Click through for more towers completed in 2017.
- 2018-01-10One of the ancient villas at its original site in Fuzhou. Chinese entrepreneur Ma Dadong used his own money to relocate 50 Ming and Qing dynasty villas, and 10,000 camphor trees, which faced destruction from Fuzhou to Shanghai.
- 2018-01-10It may seem the stuff of Bond films, but this submerged house inside a Beirut cliff-edge has been given the go-ahead. Initiated by OPA Open Platform for Architecture continued through LAAV Architects, the project is backed by Lebanese entrepreneur Alex De
- 2018-01-09SHENZHEN, CHINA - 1989: (CHINA OUT) People walk and shopping in a bazaar in 1989 in Shenzhen, Guangdong province of China. The gallery is taken forty years by Zu Xianmin, and it presents a scroll painting of common people\'s life with life changes fr
- 2018-01-05These red interconnecting staircases were designed by Supermachine Studio -- a firm based in Bangkok.
- 2018-01-05Construction has begun on Monaco's $2.3 billion offshore extension project to reclaim 15 acres of land from the sea.
- 2018-01-05Philosopher Alain de Botton has taken time out from writing his famous novels to create a series of modern build rentals called Living Architecture.
- 2018-01-05Slim house london sit between two terraced houses, measuring just 2.3 meters (7.5 feet) internally architects Alma-Nac were given the task of bringing natural light into the building.
- 2018-01-04This over-sized camera lens sits on top of Čukur hill in Banovina, Croatia, where photographer Gordan Lederer was shot by a sniper in 1991.
- 2018-01-04In recent years climate change has posed a serious question about how our cities will cope with riding sea levels. Some architects believe floating buildings might be the answer. Like the floating IJburg waterfront building by BIG and Barcode Architects.
- 2018-01-04"Black: Architecture in Monochrome," published by Phaidon, explores an array of black buildings. The owners of Black Desert house wanted a home that resembled a shadow. It's built on a 2.5-acre site between rock formations in the California
- 2018-01-02Designed by Pritzker Prize-winning architect Toyo Ito, the Matsumoto Performing Arts Centre features a perforated facade that at night appears illuminated.