CNN Site Map for Section Architecture (Galleries) for March - 2018
- 2018-03-30St Patrick's Cathedral in Karachi was erected in 1881 and is made using local stone.
- 2018-03-26Hong Kong has numerous buildings with a "hole" design, like this upmarket residential complex in the upmarket Southside district completed in 1986.
- 2018-03-21Over the course of four years, Carolina Sandretto documented the architectural opulence of Cuba's movie theaters.
- 2018-03-19The latest addition to the skyline in Sunny Isles Beach, Miami, this 60-story property lets residents park their supercars next to their living room.
- 2018-03-15Europe will soon get its first underwater restaurant: a concrete structure on the Norwegian coastline designed by the architecture firm, Snohetta.
- 2018-03-13Andrew and Helen Threipland, with their springer spaniel Effie, in front of Fingask Castle's subscription mural. Andrew was wearing these trousers when the couple married. "I wear them when I'm happy. Many men are mildly jealous of them. Wo
- 2018-03-13The only government building Hadid built, this structure serves as the Antwerp Port Authority's head office. A nearby square was renamed Zaha Hadidplein in honor of the late architect.
- 2018-03-13The Vitra Fire Station, Zaha Hadid's first independently realized building, was completed in 1993.
- 2018-03-12The central panel of Great Fulford's ballroom ceiling shows the marriage of Greek god Dionysus to Ariadne, as Venus crowns her with stars.
- 2018-03-12Burton Agnes Hall features a Great Hall with Elizabethan carving, plasterwork and paneling. The long oak table is made from three 18-feet long pieces; it was, and on occasion still is, used for dining.
- 2018-03-12Matthew Beckett of Lost Heritage has compiled a database of England's lost country houses. About 2,000 country homes have been destroyed since 1800. Cranfield Court, in Bedfordshire, already in a state of dereliction, was demolished in 1934.
- 2018-03-08The birthplace of Winston Churchill, Blenheim Palace was built as a gift to John Churchill, the 1st Duke of Marlborough, to honour his victory over the French at the Battle of Blenheim in 1704. The present incumbent is Charles James Spencer-Churchill, the
- 2018-03-07Amdavad ni Gufa, a subterranean museum with domed roofs that protrude playfully above ground. It was designed by Balkrishna Doshi, the first Indian architect to win the Pritzker Prize in its four-decade history.
- 2018-03-07Inspired by Neon-noir films such as "Blade Runner" and "Drive," Australian photographer Tom Blachford offers some mesmerizing views of Tokyo by night in his series "Nihon Noir." This is the Edo-Tokyo Museum, which chronicles
- 2018-03-01This fish-shaped building is a classic example of mimetic architecture -- it houses the National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB).