CNN Site Map for Section Arts (Galleries) for October - 2015
- 2015-10-28© Catherine Opie, Courtesy of Regen Projects Los Angeles and Lehmann Maupin, New York & Hong Kong
- 2015-10-27What's it like to be a young Muslim man, of Indian descent, born and raised in Cape Town, one of Africa's most westernized cities? It's a question the award-winning artists, Hasan and Husain Essop explore through their photographic work, wh
- 2015-10-27Chinese artist Ai Weiwei can't stay out of the headlines. This time, he's opened a public dialogue on Instagram about LEGO's refusual to provide him with a bulk order of plastic bricks for his upcoming exhibition in Australia.
After a wee
- 2015-10-27Over a century's worth of portraits detailing the intimate lives of West Africans have gone on show for the first time in New York. The exhibition at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, titled "In and Out of the Studio: Photographic Portraits from W
- 2015-10-23Artists Andy Warhol and George Klauber kick back in a New York City studio circa 1949. "Artists Unframed" author Merry A. Foresta plumbed the Smithsonian's Archives of American Art for candid images that show revered modern artists like we&
- 2015-10-21Touria El Glaoui, Founding Director of 1:54 Contemporary African Art Fair, discusses five fascinating themes from the London event: young creatives, photography, sexuality and the body, migration, and the Sahara.
Discover 17 incredible contemporary Afri
- 2015-10-19Photographer Peter Turnley is the first American artist since the revolution to be given a major exhibition at Cuba's Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes (coming next month). It's a sign the Caribbean nation reciprocates the love that the photographe
- 2015-10-16We've been hanging around at Frieze this week: here's the most eye-catching work we've seen so far.
- 2015-10-14In the book "Lois Greenfield: Moving Still," photographer Lois Greenfield worked with dancers from some of the world's leading dance companies. Greenfield's photos are split-second captures of the dancers' movements. Pictured here
- 2015-10-14A new exhibition by artist William Kentridge, at the Marian Goodman Gallery London, contains images of refugees marching, sloping, and dancing toward "an unknown future." But this was completed months before the European refugee crisis took over
- 2015-10-13Following the 2011 Fukushima meltdown, photographers and documentarians Carlos Ayesta and Guillaume Bression made multiple trips to the no-go zone, photographing former residents of the region nearly five years later. Here, Midori Ito is staged in an aban
- 2015-10-13Photographer Eric Pickersgill and his wife, Angie, pose without their cell phones in bed. Eric's photo series "Removed" explores how people focus on our phones even while in the presence of others, often to our social and physical detriment
- 2015-10-08The 7th edition of Asia Contemporary Art Show, is an exhibition focused on celebrating the work of established artists -- while granting exposure to newer names in the industry. Show director Mark Saunderson describes Chinese artist Lin Yun as "a new
- 2015-10-02Francis Alys mesmerizing film The Silence of Ani is just one of a stunning selection of works at the 2015 Istanbul Biennial art exhibition that confront the mass killings of 1915 that Armenians call the " Armenian Genocide" -- a name disputed by