CNN Site Map for Section Arts (Galleries) for June - 2015
- 2015-06-30You might not know M.C. Escher's name, but chances are you've seen his staircases seamlessly looping for eternity, hands impossibly drawing one another into being, or bearded face calming staring back at you from a reflective ball.
- 2015-06-30The 1990s was a period of experimentation. Many of the works dealt with explorations of the self and identity. Qiu Zhijie painted the Chinese character "No" across his body and the wall behind him such that his body becomes negated in the proces
- 2015-06-29Korean artist JeeYoung Lee creates worlds of surreal beauty and mystery in her tiny 3 meter x 6 meter studio in the Mangwon-dong neighborhood of Seoul. The 30-year-old documents her dreams, memories, and emotions by building thematic sets, and photographi
- 2015-06-29The adventures of princesses, knights and witches aren't just for kids anymore. With her Russ Land series, Russian photographer Uldus Bakhtiozina has completely reinterpreted the fairy tales of her youth, mixing pagan folklore and grown-up subtexts.
- 2015-06-29This painting is notable for its heavy use of gold foil. It was produced at the apex of Klimt's "golden period".
- 2015-06-29From his floating studio, a paddle board, Sean Yoro creates stunning portraits of women, whose lifelike features barely escape the waterline.
The artist, also known as Hula, is based in New York City but is originally from Hawaii: "I grew up on Oah
- 2015-06-26Award-winning photographer Phil Stern captured everything from the battlefield to Hollywood Boulevard. He died Saturday, December 13, at the age 95. Shown is one of his photos of Marilyn Monroe in 1953. Take a look at some of his other iconic images from
- 2015-06-26British photographer Terry O'Neill has spent his life peering into the world of celebrity. One of the world's most collected photographers, he has snapped stars including Brigitte Bardot, Audrey Hepburn and Faye Dunaway.
Running until March 1
- 2015-06-26These haunting portraits by photographer Jono Rotman offer a close look at the largest gang in New Zealand, the Mongrel Mob. After coordinating with a gang liaison, Rotman met mob members and gained unprecedented access to them. He took these portraits i