CNN Site Map for Section Arts (Galleries) for July - 2015
- 2015-07-30A new permanent gallery at Singapore's Asian Civilizations Museum traces 1,000 years of religious art and symbolism, charting the rise of Buddhism across the continent.
In this sandstone piece, the bare-breasted, bejeweled figures are nature spirit
- 2015-07-24Le Domaine de Muy is a new sculpture park in the South of France featuring 34 large-scale sculptures from established and emerging artists. This installation is the work of Italian artist Gianni Motti.
- 2015-07-24This is Dita Pepe. She's the one in the bridal gown. Except this is not her wedding, and this is not her family.
Click on the right side of the picture or on the arrows below to uncover the story.
- 2015-07-24Steadman's original version of this image appeared as an illustration to Hunter S. Thompson's book "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" in 1972. Thompson's signature can be seen bottom left, one of the few pieces of Steadman's wo
- 2015-07-23Edo Bertoglio's new book, "New York Polaroids 1976-1989," chronicles his life in New York's artist community. This shot of Debbie Harry was taken in 1979, one year after the punk singer's band had released its breakthrough "P
- 2015-07-21Aboriginal culture dates as far back as 80,000 years, but modern canvas works are finding popularity with international buyers. Pictured, "Marrapinti" by Naata Nungurrayi. Her work often hints at sacred women's ceremonial sites, their danci
- 2015-07-20David Bailey's new book, Tears & Tears, released this September, revisits some of his most famous portraits, but presents the unseen, half-formed story behind...
- 2015-07-17Argentinian Martin de Pasquale was just one year old when Photoshop was born into the world. But today -- on the image editing software's 25th birthday -- he's one of the finest surreal image-creators out there.
- 2015-07-14In 1984, Steve McCurry straddled the Afghan border, disguised in a local tribesman's outfit, returning to the US with the 20th century's most famous and celebrated photograph, a portrait of a 12-year-old refugee that has since become known as &q
- 2015-07-14Marc Quinn, Frozen Wave (The Conservation of Energy), 2015 ©