CNN Site Map for Section Arts (Galleries) for March - 2017
- 2017-03-31When an artist dies, it can be difficult to figure out how to handle their legacies and the works they've left behind. (Pictured: Pablo Picasso in his studio in Vallauris, France.)
- 2017-03-30Technology has greatly changed the way scent is captured and perfumes made in recent decades. Here, Headspace technology is used to take scent samples of an exotic flower in its natural environment, making it the least intrusive method of analyzing the ch
- 2017-03-30A new series of portraits celebrating women and ethnic minorities will soon adorn the walls of Oxford University. Aditi Lahiri is a linguistics scholar at Oxford and was painted by London-based artist Rosalie Watkins.
- 2017-03-29Over the last six years, London-based photographer Gina Soden has photographed some of Europe's most beautiful derelict buildings. This image was taken in a large abandoned asylum in Italy.
- 2017-03-28A new exhibition, "Ambiguously Yours: Gender In Hong Kong Popular Culture," features 90 works across various forms that address gender identity in Hong Kong.
- 2017-03-23This image of Warhol posing with a bellboy was likely taken in Beijing's Peking Hotel. Over 200 personal photos from Warhol's 1982 visit to China will go under the hammer at a Phillips auction at the Mandarin Oriental in Hong Kong on May 28.
- 2017-03-21In June 1967, The Beatles invited British photographer David Magnus -- then only 22 years old -- to take pictures of them at Abbey Road Studios (known at the time as EMI Studios).
- 2017-03-20In this iconic performance artist South Ho stands before a sparkling Victoria Harbour while building a phone booth-sized wall around himself, brick by brick. As curator Chan notes, "There have been lots of voices saying we should keep the mainland Ch
- 2017-03-17An exhibition of the late British-Iraqi architect Zaha Hadid's work titled 'There Should Be No End To Experimentation' is on show in Hong Kong. The show opens two weeks before the one-year anniversary of her death on March 31, 2016.
- 2017-03-17The earliest known stone copy of the Ten Commandments sold at auction in Beverly Hills in 2016 for $850,000.
- 2017-03-16"Two Hacks" (1789) by George Stubbs was sold at a Christie's "Living with Art" sale in New York in June 2016 -- originally listed as a copy. Art dealer Archie Parker -- believing it to be a real Stubbs -- purchased the painting fo
- 2017-03-16In Doha, the capital of Qatar, the Museum of Islamic Art stands on its own man-made island, just off the city's waterfront. It has become one of Doha's most popular tourist attractions.
- 2017-03-13The audience of "Sleep No More" at the McKinnon Hotel has the freedom to move throughout the six-story venue, catching sight of performers.
- 2017-03-10"The Art of the Bible: Illuminated Manuscripts from the Medieval World" by Scot McKendrick and Kathleen Doyle highlights 45 examples from the British Library's vast collection.
- 2017-03-06Tehran-based artist Shirin Aliabadi "Miss Hybrid" series features scarved women with colored contacts, peroxide wigs and bandaged noses (a hint at recent plastic surgery) is a commentary on the globalization of beauty standards and the ruthless
- 2017-03-03Banksy has opened a boutique art hotel in Bethlehem.
- 2017-03-03In her "Heimat" series, German photographer Ellen von Unwerth gives pastoral Bavaria a subversive twist.
- 2017-03-02Gustav Klimt's Bauerngarten (1907) went under the hammer at Sotheby's London on March 1. Sale price: $59,321,248 (£47,971,250) Estimate: In excess of $45m.