CNN Site Map for Section Arts (Galleries) for June - 2017
- 2017-06-30Trained architect and photographer Alun Be wants to use his work to change people's perceptions of Africa through his art. The Dakar-born photographer is self taught and uses his personal projects to explore the human condition.
- 2017-06-30At the end of 2015, five Hong Kong booksellers, who published gossipy books about China's elite, went missing. It was later discovered that the booksellers had been detained by Chinese authorities. "Everything Is Fine" is Kacey Wong'
- 2017-06-28This building was demolished in 1980, but Lai keeps the memory of it alive through his miniature art.
- 2017-06-23Ukrainian photographer Boris Mikhailov, 78, is regarded as one of the most important artists to emerge from the former USSR.
- 2017-06-21Ed Caraeff was only 17 when he took this iconic photo of Jimi Hendrix setting his guitar on fire at the 1967 Monterey International Pop Music Festival. In his new book, "Burning Desire: The Jimi Hendrix Experience Through the Lens of Ed Caraeff,"
- 2017-06-19"Marlene Dietrich: Dressed for the Image," a new exhibition at Washington's National Portrait Gallery, looks at how the German actress crafted her public persona.
- 2017-06-16Ring of children, Grenada
In the shallow waters off the coast of Cancun in Mexico lies an underwater field of figures. Colorful sponges cover their stony faces and layers of vibrant coral grow around their shape.
This is Museo Subacuático de Arte, the
- 2017-06-15La Colombe d'Or is a Riviera institution. It's an inn and restaurant which has attracted Europe's creative elite since the 1930s. For decades the cream of modern art propped up its bar, and spent many lazy summer days out on the terrace. As
- 2017-06-15"Reflecting Memory" (2016), by Kader Attia, is a disturbing treatise on phantom pain, a phenomenon where the sufferer experiences discomfort from a lost limb. It's just one of many thought-provoking films at Art Basel this year.
- 2017-06-13A Jackson Pollock painting found in an Arizona garage could sell is expected to sell for up to $15 million at auction.
- 2017-06-12Lauren Greenfield documented the American dream for 25 years, fascinated by money, fame and how people try to mimic the way rich people live. In her new book, "Generation Wealth," she also looks at how the tropes of the rich have been exported i
- 2017-06-09MREs (Meals Ready to Eat) are military combat rations provided to soldiers in the field of duty.
- 2017-06-07Rembrandt's "The Storm on the Sea of Galilee" was one of 13 artworks stolen from Boston's Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in 1990, which still haven't been found. Check out the gallery for other valuable stolen artworks that autho
- 2017-06-06British street artist Banky's most recent work of political art, "Civilian Air Strike" was revealed in London on Monday.
- 2017-06-06 "Matching Pair" (2017) by Grayson Perry
- 2017-06-01Vintage photos in an upcoming Sotheby's exhibition capture Hong Kong during a time of huge economic and social change.