CNN Site Map for Section Arts (Galleries) for July - 2017
- 2017-07-31Marking 50 years since the release of David Bowie's self-titled debut LP, a new photo book reveals pictures taken for the album's cover.
- 2017-07-28Photography app EyeEm has revealed the shortlist for its annual awards. Here are some of the highlights. (Above: Photo by Guiga Pirá. Category: The Great Outdoors)
- 2017-07-28Photo by Robert Torrontegui.
- 2017-07-27Stefano Cerio's images for "Chinese Fun", shot using an old plate camera, explore the grim realities of off-season and abandoned theme parks and the props that get left behind.
This gigantic bowl of concrete fruit was found by the roadside
- 2017-07-27Cerio plans his shoots for months before executing them.
- 2017-07-25Singapore-based artist Sonny Liew received three Eisner Awards at Comic-Con International in San Diego on Friday.
- 2017-07-25Christian Lemmerz's virtual reality work "La Apparizione" features a glowing Jesus levitating in space. It comes in an edition of five, each priced around $100,000.
- 2017-07-25"Little Electric Chair" by Andy Warhol. The recently uncovered silkscreen, titled "Little Electric Chair," had spent over 40 years in storage alongside Cooper's old tour equipment, according to the singer's longtime manager S
- 2017-07-18The sea monster and the beast with the lamb's horn, both of which feature in the Book of Revelations.
- 2017-07-17To mark the anniversary of the Korean War, North Korea has release two anti-American stamps.
- 2017-07-12Pingelap is an atoll in the Pacific known as "The Island of the Colorblind" due to the high proportion of people suffering from achromatopsia (or "total" colorblindness). In 2015, Belgian photographer Sanne De Wilde traveled to Pingela
- 2017-07-12"Did the Bear Sit Under a Tree" (1969) by Benny Andrews
- 2017-07-11The beaches in the south of Hong Kong are popular weekend destinations among both residents and tourists.
- 2017-07-10The Geißenklösterle cave is located along the southern ridge of a large rock massif, the Bruckfelsen, about 60 meters above the Ach River. The cave entrance is located on the southern edge of a rock formation that was originally a large cave hall which is
- 2017-07-07Gregory Crewdson's latest series, "Cathedral of the Pines," was shot in the rural Berkshires in western Massachusetts.
- 2017-07-05German photographer Thomas Ruff's recent "press++" series appropriates images from American magazines of the '50s and '60s, including images of Hollywood actresses.
- 2017-07-02"Badu Gili" is a seven-minute animated projection of indigenous Australian art.