CNN Site Map for Section Arts (Galleries) for August - 2017
- 2017-08-25During World War II, the Douglas DC-3 was used to transport everything from pack animals to paratroopers.
- 2017-08-21In his "Lost Factories" series, French photographer Ilan Benattar traveled across Europe shooting its abandoned industrial spaces. Scroll through the gallery for highlights of the series.
- 2017-08-18"The Beatles: On the Road 1964-1966," a book from photographer Harry Benson, captures the band's first world tour.
- 2017-08-16Photographer Denny Renshaw has been photographing the Japanese fashion tribe Roller-Zoku since 2013.
- 2017-08-14"From Lens to Eye To Hand: Photorealism 1969 to Today," a new exhibition at the Parrish Art Museum in Water Mill, New York, features some of the most prolific photorealist artists. Check out some of the highlights. (Above: "Untitled; Territ
- 2017-08-10New York artist Matthew Brannon's project "Concerning Vietnam," examines the war from a more detached perspective: the offices of those in power at the time and the cockpits of helicopter pilots.
- 2017-08-09An ornamental head piece carried from Dera Ismail Khan, in modern-day Pakistan, to Delhi. Its owner brought the jewelry across the border in the hope of selling it to help feed and educate her children.
- 2017-08-08Flyorov, a Russian scientist and museum director, reveled in color above all else. His paintings are among the most dazzling and unusual in the paleoart canon.
- 2017-08-07"What you've been seeing over the last few years is that there are artists looking for spaces here when spaces in Berlin or London have become too expensive," explained Pedro Gadanho, who himself left a prestigious job as a curator at MoMA
- 2017-08-04A new exhibition of work by artist Maayan Zilberman showcases a series of sculptures made out of sugar.
- 2017-08-04Thirty renditions of Chelsea Manning's features make up "A Becoming Resemblance" at New York's Fridman Gallery. Artist Heather Dewey-Hagborg created them from computer-generated images made using Manning's DNA.