CNN Site Map for Section Arts (Galleries) for January - 2018
- 2018-01-31Twelve young photographer from Southeast Asia have offered their take on the region's youth as part of a traveling exhibition, "We Will Have Been Young."
- 2018-01-26"A Forest Where Gods Live" (2017) by teamLab was set in a large, beautiful park in Kyushu, southern Japan.
- 2018-01-26teamLab is known for their large-scale artworks. In 2016, the collective exhibited "Wander through the Crystal Universe" in Tokyo.
- 2018-01-23Everyday Middle East aims to challenge stereotypes often associated with the region. In this picture Palestinian girls play billiards inside a women's cafe in Gaza City.
- 2018-01-22Leonardo da Vinci's "Salvator Mundi" became the most expensive artwork sold at auction in November 2017, when it went for over $450 million at Christie's in New York. Look through the gallery for more of history's priciest paintin
- 2018-01-22Shehzil Malik is a Pakistani graphic designer and illustrator based in Lahore.
- 2018-01-19During Lumiere London, breathtaking works of art that incorporate light are installed around the city. Take a look at some of this year's highlights.
- 2018-01-12Despite requiring decades of mastery -- and being steeped in centuries of tradition -- the craft of basket making had been passed between generations and was not always considered an elite art.
- 2018-01-11Photographer Jake Michaels traveled to Refinery29's latest installation, in Los Angeles, to capture the phenomenon of Instagram-centric spaces.
- 2018-01-10In "Alex Prager" at Lehmann Maupin, Hong Kong, Alex Prager continues to examine the boundaries between fiction and reality, exposing how one can be just as strange as the other.
- 2018-01-08In 1976's "The Man Who Fell to Earth," based on a novel of the same name, David Bowie plays Thomas Jerome Newton. Unbeknownst to his paramour, Mary-Lou (Candy Clark), he harbors a shocking secret.
- 2018-01-08Janeanne Gilchrist has created a series of ethereal images showing pollution in the sea. Pictured, plastic bags captured in Gilchrist's image "Empty."
- 2018-01-05Joel Meyerowitz, a pioneer of color photography. Reminiscing about this shot from in the early '60s, he said: "The four girls stood in a doorway primping and getting ready to walk in the parade. Seen against the dreary buildings, they were like
- 2018-01-03In the early 20th century, Russia's film posters were distinct from their Hollywood counterparts.
- 2018-01-03"Last Displaced Person Boat (view of immigrant ship in New York Harbor, bound for Ellis Island" by Ernst Haas (1951).