CNN Site Map for Section Arts (Galleries) for April - 2018
- 2018-04-30Piles of crystallized salt, which divide the artificial ponds, appear like lines of white paint between blocks of saturated green, red, orange and pink.
- 2018-04-30In Florence's historic Palazzo Strozzi, artist Carsten Höller asks visitors to hold a plant while going down a slide to explore the impact of human emotion on plant growth.
- 2018-04-25Sagaki has also reproduced classic Japanese woodblock prints using his signature technique, including Hokusai's "The Great Wave off Kanagawa."
- 2018-04-25Tong lau were built from the end of the 19th century until the 1960s, though many have since been demolished to make way for high-rise tower blocks.
- 2018-04-24Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour starts every day with an hour of tennis.
- 2018-04-16"Odalisque couchée aux magnolias" (1923) by Henri Matisse. Estimate: $70-90 million.
- 2018-04-13The "Apollo and Venus" painting by 16th-century Dutch master Otto van Veen (1556-1629) was discovered in the closet of an art gallery in Iowa, and is likely worth over $4 million.
Scroll through the gallery for other examples of lost and found
- 2018-04-13Photographer Mariette Pathy Allen has documented the lives of spirit mediums in Myanmar and Thailand.
- 2018-04-12Indigenous artist Rhonda Sharpe is a member of the Yarrenyty Arltere Artists in Alice Springs. There are more than 80 community art centers across the country, and are owned and operated by Aboriginal Australians.
- 2018-04-12The building was designed to look like a boathouse, reminiscent of the structures that used to stand on this part of the island when it was a harbor, blending into the surrounding environment
- 2018-04-11Small-scale projects in the desert become room-size installations at the Renwick Gallery.
- 2018-04-05A collection of bowls decorated in the typical black and gold coloring of urushi.
- 2018-04-05The brothers claim to dream in the shade of yellow that features across their artworks. This work is part of their new exhibition "Déjà Vu" at Lehmann Maupin in Hong Kong.
- 2018-04-02"Siege of Paris, 1870-71" (1884) by Ernest Meissonier. The French artist's battle paintings were often referred to in Napoleonic propaganda.
- 2018-04-02Beijing-based artist Zhang Xiaodong practices the art of dragon scale bookbinding that stretches back more than 1,000 years to the Tang dynasty.