CNN Site Map for Section Design (Galleries) for September - 2015
- 2015-09-29At this year's London Design Festival low-impact tech and craftsmanship dominated.
Swiss company Punkt launched MP 01, a no-frills mobile phone designed by Jasper Morrison that does only a few things (calls and texts) but does them very well. Punkt
A new book by British/Zimbabwean writer and blogger Tapiwa Matsinde has drawn together the cream of Africa's creative communities in an authoritative collection of the continent's best contemporary design. "Contemporary Design Africa"
- 2015-09-18Alex Chinneck has created A bullet from a shooting star -- a 35-metre tall, upside-down electricity pylon -- on Greenwich Peninsula, London. See our exclusive drone camera video below.
Here, Chinneck gives an inside view of his creative process with cap
- 2015-09-14The Fluff lighting system -- designed by Hideki Yoshimoto + Yoshinaka Ono of Tangent -- doesn't only look extraordinary. It also changes color and the rhythm of the light's pulsations according to the surrounding sounds.
- 2015-09-11It is amazing how little knowledge there is of the first plastic chair. It was produced in 1946 in Canada, design by D.C. Simpson, and it is amazingly elegant reductive and fluid for its time. The narrow back and tapered legs were so beautiful and elegant
- 2015-09-02Designed by Mexican sibling architecture duo Esteban and Sebastián Suárez, the Sunset Chapel seems right at home among the mountain's boulders.
- 2015-09-01Pastry chef to the stars, Peggy Porschen, reveals her seven tips for creating the perfect cake.
Number one is to use top quality ingredients. "It makes a huge difference," says Porschen.
"In particular, a really good butter is really impor