CNN Site Map for Section Luxury (Galleries) for April - 2017
- 2017-04-14"Imperial Splendours" at at the Palace Museum in Beijing is dedicated to the French brand Chaumet. This 1811 gold, silver and diamond tiara was created by Chaumet for Empress Marie-Louise. The wheat sheaf is a theme Chaumet continues to revisit
- 2017-04-14You chip away at it -- for some 47,000 man hours, and then turn it into one lavish neckpiece, featuring 11,551 diamonds.
- 2017-04-14Cartier Panthère, a new release from luxury publisher Assouline, looks back at Cartier's iconic use of the panther in its jewelery, accessories and objects d'art. This ring is made from white gold, emeralds and onyx, and features 545 diamonds.
- 2017-04-14Welcome to Ashgabat, Turkmenistan. The capital of the secretive Central Asian state is not only a showcase for controversial leader President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov but also the holder of many obscure records: among them, the highest density of white m
- 2017-04-13"While perhaps we aren't the most lighthearted bunch, I'd characterize collectors of the macabre as inveterately curious and inquisitive, iconoclasts and, as a lot, deep thinkers who never receive an answer they don't counter with &apo
- 2017-04-13For the driver that has already conquered the roads, the $1.5-million Undersea Aquahoverer opens up a whole new terrain: the sea. Yes, this sci-fi design allows its driver -- and a passenger -- to cruise underneath the water's surface.
- 2017-04-13On April 25, a Lemania chronograph once owned by Winston Churchill will be auctioned by Sotheby's London.
- 2017-04-13Will.i.am turned to West Coast Customs to upgrade his 1958 Corvette.
- 2017-04-12"If you don't think of Bulgari as a serious watch company, think again. This year's Octo Finissimo Automatic isn't just sleekly elegant -- it's also currently the thinnest mechanical timepiece made anywhere in the world." --
- 2017-04-12This emerald and gold coiled serpent wristwatch, made by Bulgari in 1961, once belonged to the actress Elizabeth Taylor, and sold for $974,500 at a Christie's auction in 2011.
- 2017-04-12Omega has been the choice for every on-screen James Bond since 1995, following Rolex, Seiko and TAG Heuer.
- 2017-04-07Horizn Studios 'smart' luggage
- 2017-04-04Whiskey barrels hold the spirit for a number of years to mature it, with the liquid extracting flavor from the wood.
- 2017-04-03The Curiosity III cover image from the auction brochure features a striking juxtaposition of a wax anatomical model head from the late 18th or early 19th century, estimate $23,195-$32,215 (HK$180,000-$250,000) and a Roman marble bust, 2nd century, estimat