CNN Site Map for Section Travel (Galleries) for July - 2020
- 2020-07-29Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia: Karen Catchpole and Eric Mohl have spent 14 years road tripping in the Americas. This is their truck on the Salar de Uyuni in Bolivia -- the largest salt flat in the world.
- 2020-07-22How to paint an airplane: The thickness of these paint layers is very important, since each additional layer of paint adds weight to the aircraft.
- 2020-07-20Bryher, Isles of Scilly, England: Located 25 miles off the southwestern tip of Cornwall, the Scilly Isles are home to some of England's most beautiful and isolated beaches.
- 2020-07-17Schubach Aviation: A partnership with Mexico's Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal makes arriving from the US an even safer affair. Several other high-end properties are offering packages which include private flights to lure guests.
- 2020-07-15Return to Disney: Visitors return to Disneyland Paris as part of its phased reopening. Masks are compulsory for age 11 and over.
- 2020-07-14Unrecognized nations: Brazilian Guilherme Canever recounts his trips to 16 countries that aren't formally recognized in his book "Unrecognized Nations: Travels To Countries That Do Not Exist."
- 2020-07-10Final destination: Freelance cruise journalist Peter Knego took this photograph at Aliaga ship breaking yard in Turkey. In the center is the former Pacific Princess cruise ship, from the 1980s TV series "The Love Boat."
- 2020-07-09Taking flight: Denver based start-up Boom Supersonic will roll out XB-1, a 1:3 scale prototype of its upcoming supersonic commercial jet Overture, on October 7.
- 2020-07-09Fringe theories: Ancient sites around the world hold mysteries that have inspired fringe theories involving aliens. Archaeologists have other ideas about their human origins.
- 2020-07-08Airbus A380: Portuguese charter operator Hi Fly has removed most of the seats from its sole A380 in order to make way for more cargo.
- 2020-07-08Grande aventure: I quit my job in NYC to try life in France. Everything was different including pizza, which had such a thin crust, it was hard to pick up (even for a New Yorker.) I liked it best with billowy pools of over-easy eggs on top.
- 2020-07-07Brookgreen Gardens: In Bruce Munro's "Field of Light," 11,700 stems of light in softly moving colors cover the Arboretum.
- 2020-07-07Kruger Shalati: The Train on the Bridge: Opening in late 2020, Kruger Shalati: The Train on the Bridge will feature 24 carriage rooms permanently stationed on the historic Selati Bridge over the Sabie River in Kruger National Park. There will also be a dr
- 2020-07-02Thamkrabok: A Buddhist monastery located 140 kilometers (86 miles) north of Bangkok, Thamkrabok specializes in treating drug addiction. It resembles a small village, with golden-roofed temples and small cottages for the monks and nuns.