CNN Site Map for Section Travel (Galleries) for February - 2021
- 2021-02-26Hellenikon Airport: Once the main airport serving Athens, these photos from 2020 show Hellenikon abandoned and left to fall into disrepair.
- 2021-02-25Banga | Nigeria: We'll start our world tour of the tastiest soups with banga. It hails from West Africa's largest nation, Nigeria. Fruits from the oil palm tree flavor the soup, which also features fresh catfish, beef and dried seafood. Click th
- 2021-02-24Linosa: This tiny volcanic atoll positioned between Sicily and Tunisia is one of a handful of remote Italian islands that have managed to remain Covid-free.
- 2021-02-23Unearthed photos: In 2008, Jennifer Skupin purchased a box of old slides from a flea market in Amsterdam, in the Netherlands. She digitized the shots and discovered a collection of stunning photos.
- 2021-02-23Post Urbanization: Photographer Simon Wan has taken "objective photographs" on top of every peak in Hong Kong. Objective photography is a style that presents what a photographer sees neutrally, without choosing to include or avoid certain thing
- 2021-02-20Years of friendship: American Robbinroger Beever and Saija Kuparinen, from Finland, have been pen pals for almost 55 years. Some of their letter are pictured here, along with other momentoes belonging to Beever.
- 2021-02-12Floating city: The Blue Estate Group has been inundated with requests after unveiling plans and renderings for a man-made island near Miami.
- 2021-02-11Going for a song: The Italian town of Biccari has received interest from 20,000 people after putting ready-to-occupy homes on the market with prices starting at $9,000.
- 2021-02-09Sri Lanka's reopening: Sri Lanka reopened its borders to international travelers on January 21, 2021. But the months-long absence of foreign tourists serves as proof that the country needs to diversify its tourism offerings, say some in the industry.
- 2021-02-09"Face to face" by Jinggong Zhang from China won runner-up in the Behavior category. This image of two blenny fish was taken in Japan.
- 2021-02-08Amazing opportunity: Lisa Enroth, a nurse from Skövde, Sweden, was chosen from 12,000 applicants to enjoy Göteborg Film Festival's Isolated cinema experience.
- 2021-02-07Banwol Island: This island off the coast of western South Korea came up with a way to revitalize the economy: become an Instagram attraction by going all in on the color purple.
- 2021-02-04State of Grace: Perched above Santorini's northwest coast, Grace Hotel (part of Auberge Resorts Collection) is a property fit for the gods.
- 2021-02-04TEE: The Trans Europe Express once offered direct and luxurious services between the continent's major cities, but was replaced in the late 1980s by the less glamorous EuroCity brand.
- 2021-02-03Serendipitous encounter: Sameer Sah and Mafalda Feliciano met on a British Airways flight from London to Cairo. Here they are together in Cairo just five days after they first met.
- 2021-02-02City of Gold: Dubai Gold Souk is one of the busiest gold markets in the world, earning the UAE city the moniker "City of Gold."
- 2021-02-02Vladimir Alekseev, Russia, was awarded the top prize for his portfolio, including this one of an Arctic fox in a blizzard in Norway.
- 2021-02-01Vulnerable islands: Positioned close to Madagascar, the Seychelles is made up of 115 islands, but its 72 Outer Islands are undoubtedly its most remote.