CNN Site Map for Section Travel (Galleries) for June - 2021
- 2021-06-29Desolation Peak Lookout, Washington State: Mountain huts offer the ultimate escape from it all. Some may be basic, but thanks to the effort involved in reaching them, they're among the most exclusive places to stay on the planet. The views are amazin
- 2021-06-22World's most expensive cities for expats in 2021: Ashgabat, the capital of Turkmenistan, is the world's most expensive city for expats, according to the 2021 Mercer Cost of Living Survey. It was number two on last year's list. Click through
- 2021-06-21Carrega Ligure: This mountain town in northern Italy has been selling off cheap houses for several years to try to reverse a depopulation trend and keep the community alive.
- 2021-06-21The Palm Jumeirah is an artificial set of islands off the coast of Dubai's mainland. This aerial view from a hydroplane shows the palm tree shape, surrounded by a crescent breakwater that protects the islands from high winds and waves.
- 2021-06-21This infinity pool is slated to open later this year as part of a new Dubai attraction, "The Palm Tower." It will offer 360-degree views of the Palm Jumeirah, from 210 meters above ground. Scroll through to see the best spots to take holiday pho
- 2021-06-17'Fly with Pride': Alaska Airlines this week revealed an Airbus A320 with a Pride-themed livery.
- 2021-06-16The Edwin Fox: The last surviving Australian convict ship has a rich history.
- 2021-06-14Tresco island: The car-free island of Tresco is one of the highlights of the Isles of Scilly, off the southwest coast of Britain.
- 2021-06-12Locked down: Valentina Miozzo moved to Kongsfjord in October 2020.
- 2021-06-10The world's coolest streets: Time Out's surveyed city residents from around the world to compile its list of the planet's coolest streets. Calle Thomas, Buenos Aires, Argentina came in at number 10.
- 2021-06-09Jardine's Noonday Gun: This piece of Hong Kong history is located on the Causeway Bay waterfront.
- 2021-06-091. Auckland, New Zealand: Auckland has come out on top on The Economist Intelligence Unit's annual Global Liveability Index of 140 cities around the world.
- 2021-06-08Shabby chic: The Hanna is a defiant mix of old and new.
- 2021-06-05Goyang, South Korea: Once upon a time, this South Korean city was trying to find a way to stand out and attract tourists. Then they decided to try a cat mascot.
- 2021-06-04Unexpected vacation: Irma Cáceres and Rodrigo Leal were strangers who traveled from Mexico City to Europe together, back in 2011. Here they are pictured in Monet's garden in Giverny, France.
- 2021-06-02Nuku Hiva: The largest of the Marquesas islands, this paradise in the middle of the Pacific, is a beautiful escape from it all.