CNN Site Map for Section Travel (Galleries) for March - 2022
- 2022-03-31Fateful meeting: Bridgette and Tiffany happened to be catching the same Greyhound bus from Sacramento to San Francisco in February 1987. This chance meeting was the beginning of a 35-years-and-counting romance. Here's the couple on California's
- 2022-03-28Seborga: The town covers about five square miles of land and has 300 residents. There are plans to build a luxury hotel overlooking the coastline below.
- 2022-03-26Ready in Berlin: People have flocked to the German capital's main train station to offer lodging for refugees.
- 2022-03-25Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Uganda. This lush forest is one of the last homes of the mountain gorilla, and several hundred call this national park home.
- 2022-03-25A stroll by the sea: Turkey's Lycian Way is a contender for one of the world's most beautiful hikes thanks to its relentless parade of fabulous beaches.
- 2022-03-22Light at the end of the tunnel: Crossrail was Europe's largest engineering project at the height of its works.
- 2022-03-18Innovative airplane concepts: The Crystal Cabin Awards 2022 shortlist spotlights exciting airplane seat design concepts, including the Explorer, designed by Lufthansa Technik in cooperation with Diehl Aerospace. This private jet design covers cabin ceilin
- 2022-03-18Finland is the world's happiest country. The World Happiness Report puts Finland first in happiness. Here, northern lights illuminate the night sky in Finland's Lapland.
- 2022-03-17Crazy cucina: Italian maverick chef Valerio Braschi is creating a name for himself with radical reworkings of classic Italian dishes.
- 2022-03-14Australian meat pie: Single-serve round meat pies are an Australian favorite.
- 2022-03-10Coffee Caye: This tiny island off the coast of Belize has been acquired by a group of investors who hope to turn it into the world's newest micronation.
- 2022-03-09Wreck of Endurance: The ship Endurance (pictured) departed the UK for Antarctica in 1914 and sank a year later.
- 2022-03-09Suspended among birds: Biosphere, the newest room at Sweden's Treehotel, is accessible via suspended footbridge. Click through for more renderings of the latest tree house.
- 2022-03-07Ischia: The Italian island of Ischia has several not-to-be-missed sights, including the medieval Aragonese Castle.
- 2022-03-05New York: Eleven days after the WHO declared a pandemic and Covid began to spread across the US, New York State issued a "pause" executive order. Here's NYC's Times Square ahead of shortly prior to the shutdown.
- 2022-03-03Two decades of friendship: Adopted from South Korea to the US when she was six months old, Linsay DeBates returned to her birth country for the first time in 2000, aged 19. By chance, she met fellow American Doug Gist during the trip and so began a friend
- 2022-03-012022 World Monuments Watch list: The World Monuments Fund has rounded up 25 endangered heritage sites to add its World Monuments Watch list for 2022. The list includes the Teotihuacan archeological park in Mexico.