CNN Site Map for Section US (Galleries) for November - 2011
- 2011-11-28Before he shot President Reagan in 1981, John Hinckley Jr. became obsessed with actress Jodie Foster after seeing her film "Taxi Driver" at least 15 times. Defense psychiatrists said Hinckley played Russian roulette and took this photo of himsel
- 2011-11-25The 85th annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is held in New York on Thursday, November 24.
- 2011-11-21Children born to white German women and fathered by African-American GIs in occupied Germany were often put up for adoption. Henriette Cain, center, was two years old when she was adopted from Germany by Bishop Hood and his wife, Katie M. Cheney-Hood.
- 2011-11-18Police officers clash with Occupy Wall Street protesters in New York's Zuccotti Park on Thursday, November 17.
- 2011-11-15Police moved in to New York's Zuccotti Park early Tuesday, November 15, surprising many Occupy Wall Street protesters who had camped there for almost two months.
- 2011-11-11Rachel Goodspeed posted a tribute to all of her family members who have served in the U.S. military, including her grandfather, father, husband, brother and herself. Her father, who spent thirty years in the Air Force, was a big influence in her decision
- 2011-11-11Robika a 16-year-old Afghan refugee, runs home as her teammates cheer during a kickball game. The students attend the Global Village School, a small private institution in Decatur, Georgia, for refugee teenage girls who have little or no English education
- 2011-11-08A sign warns drivers of the exotic animals loose outside Zanesville, Ohio, on Wednesday, October 19. It appears that Terry Thompson, 62, released 56 animals and then died from a self-inflicted wound, an official said.
- 2011-11-06Geoffrey Mutai of Kenya set a new course record in the ING New York City Marathon on Sunday, November 6. He finished at 2:05:06, breaking the old record by nearly three minutes.
- 2011-11-03Oakland, California, police form a line to disperse protesters who barricaded themselves on a street near Oakland City Hall early Thursday, November 3. Police say they fired tear gas at demonstrators after a crowd threw rocks and shot fireworks at officer