CNN Site Map for Section Africa (Galleries) for October - 2013
- 2013-10-31Kenyans marched through Nairobi on Thursday, October 31, to demand justice for a teen who was allegedly gang-raped, and the suspects ordered to cut grass as punishment.
- 2013-10-25"The Black Stars of Ghana -- Art District" is a project by Safia Dickersbach. It's
part of her efforts to push Africa on the global art scene.
- 2013-10-25A cityscape of Eastern Nairobi at night, created by combining numerous photographs. Kenyan photographer Mutua Matheka shot it from a rooftop.
- 2013-10-22British photographer Jimmy Nelson spent three years traveling to remote areas of the world to document the lives of indigenous people. He visited 35 different tribes, nine of them in Africa, like the pictured Karo tribe in Ethiopia.
- 2013-10-22El fotógrafo británico Jimmy Nelson pasó tres años viajando a áreas remotas del mundo para documentar las vidas de personas indígenas. Visitó 35 tribus distintas, nueve de ellas ubicadas en África, como la tribu Karo en Etiopía, la cual aparece en la imag
- 2013-10-21South African startup Mellowcabs offer a sustainable taxi solution, as well as in-cab tablets running adverts tailored to the cab's location.
- 2013-10-19George Lucas filmó varias partes de su serie 'Star Wars' en el desierto del Sahara en Túnez, incluidas escenas del planeta Tatooine.
- 2013-10-18George Lucas filmed various parts of his Star Wars series in the Tunisian Sahara desert, including scenes set on the planet Tatooine.
- 2013-10-16In Nairobi's Korogocho slum, healthcare from qualified personnel is a luxury that few pregnant women can afford. But a telemedicine center is providing assistance to pregnant women and their carers via text messages.
- 2013-10-14Mo Ibrahim is a Sudanese communications billionaire. He created the foundation bearing his name in 2006, with the aim of improving leadership and governance in Africa.
- 2013-10-10The Grand Inga Dam is a planned hydroelectric dam on the Congo River at Inga Falls. The project is expected to cost more than $80 billion in total.
- 2013-10-09Thought to be over 55 million years old, the Namib Desert is free from light pollution, making it an ideal spot for stargazing. Pictured, an image of the desert's night sky, taken over two hours.
- 2013-10-08Social entrepreneur Edwin Broni-Mensah launched GiveMeTap -- a free water refill network in the UK.
"For every bottle that we sell, we are able to help another person get access to clean drinking water," he says.