CNN Site Map for Section Africa (Galleries) for June - 2013
- 2013-06-30Well-wishers sing outside the hospital where former South African President Nelson Mandela is being treated in Pretoria, South Africa, on Sunday, June 30.
- 2013-06-27In the rugged mountains of northern Ethiopia, Lalibela is a religious center that's home to 11 famous rock-hewn churches.
- 2013-06-27A portrait with his cousin Bikitsha, dating from around 1941, when Mandela would have been about 23.
- 2013-06-26President Barack Obama is visiting Senegal, South Africa and Tanzania, from June 26 to July 3. Its his first trip to Africa since visiting Ghana in July 2009.
He is pictured speaking with then Ghanaian President, the late John Atta-Mills, in Accra, Ghana,
- 2013-06-25Kilwa -- full name Kilwa Kisiwani -- is a former city-state that rose to become one of the most dominant trading centers on the coast of East Africa in the 13th and 14th century.
- 2013-06-17Liberia-based Fyrkuna Metalworks is transforming decommissioned weapons from the West African country's long civil war into whimsical sculptures.
- 2013-06-12In February 2013 Ethiopian-born Yiytish Aynaw became the first woman of African descent to be named Miss Israel.
- 2013-06-10Zia Sachedina's jewelry mixes striking African color combinations with Western design.
- 2013-06-07Ozwald Boateng, fashion designer and co-founder of Made in Africa Foundation, speaking at the African Development Bank's (AfDB) annual general meeting, on May 29, in Marrakech, Morocco.
- 2013-06-05Artist Richard Mosse is well known for his infrared images of eastern Democratic Republic of Congo.