CNN Site Map for Section Africa (Galleries) for September - 2013
- 2013-09-30Jennifer Obiuwevbi, of BellaNaija.com, presents her pick of Africa's best new designers.
This design is by label Shakara Couture, created by Nigerian Ewemade Erhabor-Emokpae.
- 2013-09-30This photo taken Friday, September 27, shows the scene at the Dormans coffee shop on the ground floor of the Westgate Shopping Mall in Nairobi, Kenya, days after an attack and siege left 67 people dead. Click through to see images of the mall after the fo
- 2013-09-29A woman shouts during a special prayer at the Legio Maria African Mission church in Nairobi, Kenya, on Sunday, September 29, for the victims of the Westgate Shopping Mall shooting.
- 2013-09-27To celebrate the best of African street art, CNN iReport asked for your submissions of the beautiful, political, or just plain fun.
South African graffiti artist FALKO1 sent images of his striking work on walls in and around Cape Town.
- 2013-09-26In Lesotho, boys as young as five head out onto the rugged mountains to become shepherds.
- 2013-09-25Meet Lumi (right) and Cooper (left), Gabon's newest weapons in the fight against rampant poaching.
- 2013-09-24Escalators lead to a cinema complex inside the upscale Westgate Mall in Nairobi, Kenya, on May 3, 2013. A military standoff with terrorists at the mall left started on Saturday, September 21, and left at least 61 civilians and six security officers dead.
- 2013-09-23South African soprano Pumeza Matshikiza is one of the freshest voices in opera and is recording her debut album.
- 2013-09-20Yoga is spreading across Kenya thanks to the Africa Yoga Project. Even the Maasai tribe is starting to embrace this practice from another culture.
- 2013-09-18Nairobi National Park is located just 5 miles (8 km) outside Nairobi and overlooks the Kenyan capital.
- 2013-09-17Robert Mugabe was sworn in for another term as President of Zimbabwe in August 2013, aged 89. Mugabe is Africa's oldest leader and led Zimbabwe first as prime minister from 1980, then as president from 1987.
- 2013-09-12If you're in Accra, it's nearly impossible to miss the sight of a tro-tro, the Ghanaian capital's most famous mode of transportation.