CNN Site Map for Section Africa (Galleries) for October - 2015
- 2015-10-23Fans line up to enter a tribute concert to the life of Fela Kuti. (All photos by Christian Purefoy/CNN)
- 2015-10-22Rehema Mayuya formed the Reform Culture Association to encourage Tanzanian women to enter local politics. She is one of several women in Tanzania who has recently found her voice in local politics.
- 2015-10-20The gelada baboon -- sometimes known as the bleeding heart monkey for the red structure on its chest -- moves around the Simien mountains in groups of 800 or more. Its harem structure is one of the most complicated in the animal kingdom.
- 2015-10-19The Great Mosque of Kilwa Kisiwani is the oldest standing mosque on the East African coast, according to UNESCO, which declared the city a World Heritage Site in 1981.
- 2015-10-16Flick through the gallery to discover the top 10 African cities for millionaires, according to the latest AfrAsia Bank New World Wealth Report. At number 10 is the Ghanaian capital of Accra, with 2,300 millionaires.
- 2015-10-14The Tanzania Heritage Project is a non-profit initiative set up to promote and preserve the nation's rich aural history. Currently their primary focus is the mass digitization of the Tanzanian Broadcasting Corporation's radio archive, held on ol
- 2015-10-14The supermarket variety of the banana fruit, the Cavendish, is currently threatened by a disease know as "Tropical Race 4."
- 2015-10-07SuperGeeks co-founders Edmund Olutu and Sam Uduma began their startup in 2014 after spotting a niche in the tech repairs market. Deciding to formalize a business normally conducted by market stalls in Lagos, Supergeeks has become a go-to resource for indi
- 2015-10-07Fabrice Alomo's MyAConnect aims to help small businesses in Africa to reach a wider audience and sell online. The company's AMoney payment solution allows customers to buy local goods, even without a bank card or account.
- 2015-10-02Milk is big business in Africa. There are 13.4 million dairy farms across the continent, and whether it's from cows or sheep, goats or camels, there's plenty of ways to source the white stuff.
Camel milk, lower in fat than cow's milk and
- 2015-10-02With 131,000 square meters of retail space, The Mall of Africa will be the largest African mall ever to have been built in one phase, developers say.
- 2015-10-01October 1 marks the anniversary of Nigeria's independence. Go through the gallery to look at some of the events that have shaped the country over the last 55 years.
- 2015-10-01A British Egyptologist and archaelogist believes he may have solved the millenia-old mystery of where Queen Nefertiti is buried.