CNN Site Map for Section Africa (Galleries) for November - 2015
- 2015-11-30Egyptologists are optimistic that a second chamber may soon be found behind King Tutankhamun's tomb, based on results of scans from the Valley of the Kings. One archaeologist has speculated that if the second chamber exists, it could be Queen Neferti
- 2015-11-30Virunga National Park's gorillas are the park's most prized residents and its most convincing argument for tourists to venture to the Democratic Republic of the Congo, across the border from Rwanda. But park officials admit tourism alone will ne
- 2015-11-26Sister Mary Killeen, right, has been working in the slums of Nairobi, Kenya, for nearly 40 years. On Friday, she'll be addressing Pope Francis, who is on his first visit to the continent.
- 2015-11-25This is the plane that Asmelash Zeferu will attempt to take off in -- despite having never flown before. The Ethiopian researched for over 10 years before spending 570 days building the plane, modeled on one used to train pilots in the U.S. during the 192
- 2015-11-24We asked our Twitter followers to send us their favorite African proverbs and tag them #CNNAfricanProverbs. These are 11 of our favorites.
- 2015-11-24Dutch ambassador to Sudan, Susan Blankhart, pledged to swim across the Nile if her embassy's Facebook page received 10,000 likes.
- 2015-11-23The Twitter Premier League (TPL) is not run as a business, but has attracted some big name sponsors.
- 2015-11-20In 2010, photographer Vlad Sokhin gained rare access to the rituals and practices of the Nyau brotherhood, a secret society of the Chewa people that exists in communities in Mozambique, Malawi and Zambia. He reveals how he managed to infiltrate, and ultim
- 2015-11-1919 November is World Toilet Day, an occasion to draw attention to the plight of 650 million people in the world who do not have access to clean water, and more than 2.3 billion who do not have access to a safe, private toilet. International charity WSUP p
- 2015-11-12 Complex, confusing and not always optimistic, African artists have been sharing their visions of the future. Through various mediums they often reflect contemporary issues, and environmentalism is at the top of many agendas.
Senegal based photographer
- 2015-11-12Virunga National Park, in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, is Africa's oldest national park. It's also Africa's most dangerous. Park rangers regularly risk their lives (some have died) protecting the wildlife that resides here.
- 2015-11-10Swaziland's small size and a widespread perception that it is a difficult place to operate make it a surprising inclusion in Africa's top-10 for doing business. However, the country's close economic integration with its neighbors means that
- 2015-11-10William Kopati, 22, was a high-jumper and long-jumper in Bangui. That was before he was forced to flee in late March 2013, when militants attacked the house where he was living.
- 2015-11-09The World Giving Index ranks the world's most charitable countries. The United States and Myanmar share the top spot globally, but how do African countries rank? Browse through the gallery to find out.
- 2015-11-05Honeybee populations are declining worldwide, in a phenomenon also known as Colony collapse disorder (CCD). A possible solution could come from studying the more resilient African bees.
- 2015-11-03Morocco's new solar power plant will cover a 30 square kilometer area outside the city of Ouarzazate.