CNN Site Map for Section Africa (Galleries) for February - 2015
- 2015-02-27Philippe Bousquet and Carrie Pratt designed a chair made from an old shopping cart, which they cut and welded into shape.
- 2015-02-26A U.S. Special Forces operator looks on as a Chadian Special Forces soldier takes aim. Exercise Flintlock focused on small arms tactical training in Mao on February 22, 2015.
- 2015-02-25Tanzania-based NGO Apopo trains giant African pouched rats to sniff out land mines and detect tuberculosis -- two scourges that have had a tremendously negative impact on the African landscape.
- 2015-02-21El líder norcoreano Kim Jong Un habla durante una reunión del Buró Político del Comité Central del Partido de los Trabajadores de Corea en Pyongyang, Corea del Norte, en esta foto publicada el 19 de febrero por la Agencia Central de Noticias de Corea, dir
- 2015-02-19The Pearl of Africa is a beautifully shot seven-part series from Swedish filmmaker Jonny von Wallstrom. It showcases the highly emotive story of Cleo, a 27-year-old trans woman born biologically male. Shot over 18 months, it takes viewers on an intimate j
- 2015-02-19Most people in Africa access the internet through a mobile phone, which has enabled a host of apps to offer mobile-based services from banking to farming.
- 2015-02-17Cameroonian entrepreneur Alain Nteff, seen in this picture with a mother and her baby, is the founder of a startup is fighting to eradicate maternal and infant mortality across the country.
- 2015-02-17Though natural hairstyles are still discouraged in the workplace, more women are joining the natural hair movement. A community group called Nappys De Babi has garnered 8,500 fans.
- 2015-02-13As a child she was diagnosed with cerebral palsy, but that didn't stop Farida Bedwei from finding success as a software engineer and excelling in Ghana's financial technology sector.
- 2015-02-13The cover of the anthology released on Valentine's Day by Ankara Press.
- 2015-02-12Millions of people visit Morocco every year drawn by its illustrious culture, history and delicious food. But even though most international tourists come by air, the country has only 55 airports. This might not seem like a small amount until it's co
- 2015-02-11Rwandan science teacher Cephas Nshimyumuremyi started his skincare business, Uburanga Products, with just ten dollars. He uses local medicinal plants to make herbal soaps and jellies.
- 2015-02-10Kenya's busy capital city, Nairobi, has been crowned the most intelligent city in Africa by the Intelligent Community Forum. Click through for the key reasons experts think the city is particularly well placed to deal with the challenges of the broad
- 2015-02-06Entrepreneur Gospel Kazako (pictured) is using radio and television to inform and educate fellow Malawians.
- 2015-02-03The community of Pemba in northern Mozambique, is developing as multinational companies move in to take advantage of massive gas finds off the coast.
- 2015-02-03Kwame Dawes is a celebrated poet, writer, documentary filmmaker and founder of the African Poetry Book Fund. He describes Badilisha as "beautifully designed, user-friendly, eclectic, intelligent, generous and constantly seeking to expand its range.&q
- 2015-02-03Uganda was once populated by the northern white rhino, but the breed was wiped out of the country by 1983. Only six remain is existence. Recently, in an attempt to repopulate Uganda with white rhinos, NGO Rhino Fund Uganda started a breeding program with
- 2015-02-02Dr. Said Osman is a world-renowned spine surgeon from Kenya. He is currently based in the U.S. state of Maryland.