CNN Site Map for Section Africa (Galleries) for April - 2015
- 2015-04-30At just 12 years old, Zuriel Oduwole has already made four documentaries.
- 2015-04-28An increasing number of African women, including film and music stars like Kenyan actress Lupita Nyong'o, Somali singers Faarrow (Iman and Siham Hashi) and Nigerian singer Nneka, are rocking natural hair like never before -- and entrepreneurs have b
- 2015-04-24An Eritrean man tells CNN the last time he saw his father was 20 years ago -- the night his mother was killed trying to stop men who came to take him away.
- 2015-04-23Born in South Sudan, Luol Deng will be the Team Africa captain for NBA's first game on the continent. The Miami Heat forward will lead a roster made up of first and second generation African players.
- 2015-04-22Five days ahead of Freedom Day, Google Street View has expanded into Robben Island, the former political prison that once housed Nelson Mandela.
- 2015-04-15Faarrow is a Somali sister act made up by singer/songwriters, Iman (left) and Siham Hashi.
- 2015-04-15(Mostly) men gather around newspaper vendors to read headlines and discuss the issues of the day, resulting in loud and furious debates.
- 2015-04-10Ninety-six elephants are killed every day in Africa, according to one estimate. Rangers at Zakouma National Park are determined to reverse that trend.
- 2015-04-08A young girl studies for class at the Ibnu-Siina school in Garissa, Kenya. The school is located only a few hundred meters from Garissa University, where 147 people were killed by Al-Shabaab terrorists in early April.
- 2015-04-08Female warriors can be overlooked in the annals of history. French street artist YZ Yseult is paying tribute to the Dahomey Amazons, a 19th-century all-female military regiment that fought against the French in Dahomey (modern-day Benin). The series is ca
- 2015-04-07The first lion in 20 years has been spotted in the West African nation of Gabon. The species had previously been declared 'locally extinct.' Scientists say it is likely he is in search of a mate.
- 2015-04-07The majestic African elephants are in trouble as wildlife experts say poachers are slaughtering as many as 25,000 of them a year because of their ivory tusks. If things don't change soon the African elephant could be extinct within decades, experts w
- 2015-04-02Young girls in Nima, a slum in north Accra, are receiving coding lessons in this classroom, located above a local mosque.
- 2015-04-01Ethiopia is widely regarded as the birthplace of coffee, and the beverage is extremely popular in the country, with Ethiopians being among nations who consume the most coffee in Africa.