CNN Site Map for Section Africa (Galleries) for August - 2015
- 2015-08-27How do you eat when you can't see your plate? It's a familiar concept to some adventurous eaters -- "Dining in the dark" and now the culinary concept has come to Nairobi with the launch of Gizani.
- 2015-08-26Chaeli Mycroft and some members of the "Chaeli Kili Climbers" team during training in late May. The 20-year-old will attempt to climb Kilimanjaro's summit in a custom-built, lightweight and ultra-manoeuvrable chair.
- 2015-08-21Still to begin construction, the Al Noor Tower, Morocco, would be the tallest building in Africa. The $1 billion project, financed by Middle East Development LLC and designed by French architects Valode and Pistre, is planned to be 114 stories of offices,
- 2015-08-21The winners of last year's edition of the Entrepreneur Showcase, a pitch competition by She Leads Africa for female-led African startups. Go through the gallery to find out more about this year's finalists.
- 2015-08-14Nairobi-based Ken Karangi is a web designer who turned his passion for art into a successful career.
- 2015-08-13Lion's share: The prices on the heads of trophy hunted animals
- 2015-08-12This is Asja, a very social springer spaniel from Hungary. Will Powell, the director of AWF's Conservation Canine Program, describes her as having an explosive energy. Powell says the AWF chooses breeds that have incredible drive and powers of concen
- 2015-08-11Following months of secretive planning, Uganda's LGBTI community took part in a gay pride parade in Entebbe on 8 August. There's much to celebrate -- the diversity of the community -- but homosexuality remains illegal in Uganda, punishable by a
- 2015-08-10A designer's view of Eko Atlantic's central marina. The new city will be home to quarter of a million people and employ a further 150,000 commuters.
- 2015-08-03Once known as James Island, Kunta Kinte Island was a holding ground for captured slaves before they were shipped to America. The island is named for its most famous slave, who was later immortalized in the book (and then mini-series) Roots.
- 2015-08-03In a historic two-day visit to Kenya late last month, U.S. president Barack Obama praised the country's rise in innovation and entrepreneurship.
Speaking at the Global Entrepreneurship Summit in Nairobi, Obama stressed how young entrepreneurs acros