CNN Site Map for Section Africa (Galleries) for December - 2017
- 2017-12-22"Fantasy" coffins are made by a small group of craftsmen in Ghana. Coffins are made in the shape of the thing that best symbolizes the deceased's profession in life.
All images courtesy Paa Joe and Elisabeth Efua Sutherland, "One does
- 2017-12-21Nigerian singer Lamboginny performs in front of prisoners at Kirikiri Prison, Lagos
- 2017-12-20Commonly found on the east coast of Africa, the mamba has a bite that can kill humans within a day with venom that attacks the heart and nervous system.
- 2017-12-19Maryam Montague, interior designer and hotelier, Marrakesh, Morocco.
By the poolside at Montague's boutique hotel, Peacock Pavillions. "I love creating a Moroccan lounge-y feel for parties outside," she says. "The relaxed bohemian vib
- 2017-12-18Bitcoin was released in 2009 and was the first decentralized digital currency. In the past year the price of Bitcoin has surged in price to astronomical heights with fears that the bubble could burst.
- 2017-12-18Eugene Mutai in his front room with his self-built cryptocurrency mining machine. Mutai is part of a growing tech scene on the continent.
Meet the innovators and inventions driving Africa's tech revolution.
- 2017-12-15Models wear traditional Nigerian attire known as "aso oke" for a photo shoot for Wed Magazine. Aso-oke is hand-woven fabric worn at weddings, funerals and other formal occasions.
- 2017-12-12Satellite cities, often billed as "smart cities" -- connected, tech-driven urban areas -- are being built by a number of African countries. Is this a solution to the continent's rapidly urbanizing population?
Konza Technological City, Ken