CNN Site Map for Section Africa (Galleries) for April - 2017
- 2017-04-30Pope Francis visits the The Coptic Catholic College in Cairo, Egypt, on April 29. Francis made a two-day trip to Egypt to forge Muslim-Christian brotherhood and show solidarity with the country's persecuted Coptic Christian minority.
- 2017-04-26Sudan, the world's last remaining male northern white rhino, has joined Tinder in a bid to successfully breed and save the species.
- 2017-04-25Dutch beer giant Heineken, the world's second largest brewer, is targeting the Ivory Coast.
- 2017-04-24Virunga, the crown jewel of Congo's eco-tourism trade, is an area of extraordinary biodiversity and an important habitat for mountain gorillas. Bukima (pictured here) is a silverback, adopted by his current troop after poachers killed four gorillas i
- 2017-04-24Rodrigue Mugaruka Katembo was forced to be a child soldier in the armed conflict that has engulfed the Democratic Republic of Congo for the past few decades.
Today, as a ranger he risks his life to protect Congo's critically endangered species. He&
- 2017-04-18Senegal, the Ivory Coast, Zambia, Ghana and Kenya are the five countries showcased in a curated exhibition of more than 80 buildings from Africa following Independence from colonial rule.
In Senegal, the country's first president, Leopold Sedar Sen
- 2017-04-13The Rallye Aicha des Gazelles du Maroc is an all-female driving challenge across Morocco.
- 2017-04-13The huge find is the latest in a string of busts by the anti-corruption watchdog
- 2017-04-12Each year, tons of flip flops wash up on the East African coast, including Kenyan beaches like the one pictured, posing a risk to plant and animal life.
- 2017-04-11The conservation group and recycling collective Ocean Sole encourages communities to clean up beaches and make flip flops into a living, by recycling them into colorful animal sculptures, like the ones pictured above.
- 2017-04-10Scientists at Oxford Brookes University, UK have discovered a new, small and wide-eyed primate in the forests of Angola called the dwarf galago.
- 2017-04-07For the first time in history, more than 25% of models used in the Spring 2017 season were non-white.
Here are a few of the top African models.
- 2017-04-06Indri Indri - the largest known lemur - sits on a tree in Andasibe, Madagascar. The endangered species is found nowhere else, and conservationists believe it could be threatened by the encroachment of sapphire mines in its territory.
- 2017-04-04After a violent attack on a 21 year old student in Bangalore last year, photographer Mahesh Shantaram felt compelled to do something.
Pictured: Prosper from Tanzania in Bangalore
Photo courtesy of: Mahesh Shantaram