CNN Site Map for Section Africa (Galleries) for December - 2018
- 2018-12-31A group of international tree climbers has embarked on a mission to explore some of Africa's most spectacular trees.
- 2018-12-31 A dying split baobab in Limpopo province, South Africa. Scientists, working independently, have identified potential dangers for both the youngest and oldest trees in its southern-most growing regions.
- 2018-12-21Kabelo Chabalala, the founder of Young Men's Movement, gives an address to men at the University of Pretoria. The talks center around "positive masculinity, being a better generation of men and talking about the challenges we face as men in the
- 2018-12-18Maheder Tadese is an Ethiopian photographer who explores life across her country with striking images and thoughtful captions. In this 2015 image by Tadese in Lalibela, Ethiopia, a female monk, Woletemariam is shown praying at the top of one of the church
- 2018-12-15A former tramadol addict who is 24 years old began treatment six months ago at CEPIAD, an opioid rehab clinic offering support to those making their crucial steps in the battle against addiction. Image credit: OSIWA.
- 2018-12-14Rose Nakasi at Makerere AI lab demonstrating how to use her AI app for detecting diseases such as malaria and tuberculosis.
- 2018-12-13In March 2019, South Africa will launch the continent's first private satellite into space. It's been designed by school girls, within a STEM program. Pictured: Ayesha Salie, Sesam Mngqengqiswa, and Bhanekazi Tandwa on a learning boot camp with
- 2018-12-11Jane Arinaitwe, who is blind, is a model for Hot Pink Catwalk Charity Fashion Show, which is the largest inclusive event in Uganda.
- 2018-12-11For a long time, South Africa's wines have fought hard to compete with their Old World rivals in terms of reputation globally.
- 2018-12-04Nigeria is one of the most dangerous countries in the world to give birth, according to the United Nations. It accounts for 19% of all maternal deaths on the planet.
- 2018-12-03UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres pays his respects to Kofi Annan during a state funeral at the Accra International Conference Centre in Annan's native Ghana on Thursday, September 13. Annan, the UN chief from 1997 to 2006, died August 18 at age