CNN Site Map for Section Asia (Galleries) for October - 2013
- 2013-10-28An injured victim after six serial bomb blasts took place at a political rally in Patna, India on October 27, 2013.
- 2013-10-28As recently as 1978 more than 1,000 Sumatran tigers lived on Sumatra. Now, thanks to high deforestation and poaching, their numbers have dwindled to around 400.
- 2013-10-24Sumatran elephants on the search for food. They are becoming increasingly endangered due to the destruction of their habitat by logging, palm oil and rubber industries.
- 2013-10-22A woman wearing a mask walks along a road as smog engulfs Harbin, China, on Tuesday, October 22. Expressways, schools and an airport were closed after smog disrupted one of northeast China's most heavily populated areas.
- 2013-10-22Una mujer usa una máscara mientras camina en una calle de Harbin.
Las escuelas, y las autopistas de la ciudad de Harbin, ubicada en el noreste de China, cerraron por una densa nube de contaminación que redujo la visibilidad.
- 2013-10-19Residents view the ruins of the historic Holy Cross Parish Church in Maribojoc on the central Philippine island of Bohol on Friday, October 18. The death toll has risen above 180 after a magnitude-7.1 earthquake on October 15.
- 2013-10-16A sign recently erected in Yangon aims to raise awareness of the illegal recruitment of underage boys to the Burmese state military. It asks whether this boy should be in school or the army.
- 2013-10-16Rescue workers look for survivors as they stand on the rubble of a house buried by mudslides after a powerful typhoon hit Oshima island, about 120 kilometers (75 miles) south of Tokyo on Wednesday.
- 2013-10-15Una vía averiada en la provincia de Bohol tras el terremoto.
- 2013-10-14USS George Washington, a U.S. nuclear-powered carrier, can carry as many as 80 aircraft and accommodate more than 6,000 crew.
- 2013-10-10Hungarian wingsuit flier Victor Kovats jumps into a valley in Tianmen Mountain National Forest Park in Zhangjiajie, China, on Tuesday, October 8. Kovats died after his parachute failed to deploy and he plummeted into the valley. His body was found October
- 2013-10-09Polio, once a worldwide scourge, is endemic in just three countries now - Afghanistan, Nigeria and Pakistan. Pictured here is Ameena, a Pakistani girl participating in an anti-polio campaign, showing her ink-marked finger after being vaccinated for polio
- 2013-10-07A young performer from central Java at the first Bali Puppetry Festival that took place from September 22 to September 27.
- 2013-10-07Germany's Sandra Gal was just one of the golfers spotted wearing masks to guard against air pollution at the Reignwood LPGA Classic in Beijing Sunday.
- 2013-10-03Tugboats guide aircraft carrier INS Vikrant as it leaves the Cochin Shipyard after the launch ceremony in Kochi, India, on Monday, August 12, 2013. India's carrier is one-third the size of U.S. Navy's Nimitz class carriers.
- 2013-10-01Young North Korean defectors pose for a photo with the South Korean missionary, known only as M.J. , a few days before they departed for the China-Laos border in May. M.J.'s face is obscured for his own safety.