CNN Site Map for Section Asia (Galleries) for August - 2013
- 2013-08-30Advertimos que estas no son las típicas fotos de compromiso. Estas parejas de Hong Kong buscaron retratar algo distintivo de sus personalidades, pasiones o su historia de amor. Kim Lee y Daniel Chan, amantes de la comida, aparecen aquí sentándose sobre ta
- 2013-08-30Warning: These are not your average engagement photos. These creative Hong Kong couples sought to portray something distinctive about their personalities, passions, or love stories in their shoots. Here, food-loving couple Daniel Chan and Kim Lee are supe
- 2013-08-29Despite China's economic boom over the past decade, rural life has changed little in the remote village of Dali in the country's southwestern Guizhou province.
- 2013-08-29Long Taiyang is the 12th generation of his family to work as a silversmith.
- 2013-08-28Baby makes miraculous recovery
- 2013-08-27Ousted Chinese political star Bo Xilai vigorously refutes charges of bribery, embezzlement, and abuse of power during his five-day trial at the Intermediate People's Court in Jinan, China.
- 2013-08-21Filipinos displaced by flooding reach for relief goods in Las Pinas on Wednesday, August 21. Tens of thousands of Filipinos have been forced from their homes and at least seven have died due to heavy rains and flooding.
- 2013-08-20Men attempt to clean a building in Fushun City, China, on Tuesday, August 20. At least 107 people are dead in China after heavy rains inundated roads and farmland, the Chinese government says.
- 2013-08-15Indian students, their faces painted with the colours of their national flag, pose on the eve of Independence day in Allahabad on August 14, 2013. India celebrates its 66th independence anniversary from British rule on August 15.
- 2013-08-14Though child labor is illegal in Nepal, an estimated 1.6 million children between 5-17 years are in the work force, according to the Nepal Child Labor Report. This 2010 photo shows a boy working as a porter in Nepal's Solukhumbu district.
- 2013-08-13A woman wears sun-protective clothing as she rides in Hangzhou, China, on Monday, August 12. Temperatures have spiked in Northeast Asia this summer, causing heat-related deaths as well harming crops and livestock.
- 2013-08-12Tugboats guide aircraft carrier INS Vikrant as it leaves a shipyard after a launch ceremony in Kochi, India, on Monday, August 12. The 37,500-ton indigenous aircraft carrier will undergo extensive tests in the next few years before being commissioned into
- 2013-08-08Hong Kong customs officials seized 1,120 ivory tusks in a container shipped from Nigeria on August 6, 2013.
- 2013-08-06A new temporary cathedral has been given the go-ahead in Christchurch, New Zealand. The 700-seat facility incorporates cardboard tubes with timber beams, steel and a concrete base. It has been designed by Japanese architect, Shigeru Ban and will be comple
- 2013-08-01A major oil spill on Sunday, July 28, coated Ao Phrao beach on the popular tourist island of Koh Samet in northern Thailand. Authorities estimate that around 50,000 liters (13,200 gallons) of crude oil was leaked from an offshore pipeline belonging to PT
- 2013-08-01Mass crowds of people attempt to cool off at a water park in Suining, Sichuan province on Saturday, July 27, amid a record heat wave hitting 19 provinces and regions in China.