CNN Site Map for Section Asia (Galleries) for June - 2015
- 2015-06-30For hiking and photography enthusiasts, there is no better place on the Great Wall of China than the dramatic and difficult Jiankou section, says CNN cameraman Brad Olson. Located about 90 km from Beijing, the Ming Dynasty relic is best entered from the
- 2015-06-29Taiwanese President Ma Ying-jeou shakes hands with a victim on June 28, 2015. The New Taipei City fire department says 200 people were injured in an accidental explosion of colored theatrical powder Saturday night near a performance stage where about 1,00
- 2015-06-2730 year old Mohammad Sameer lost two of his children because of the heatwave. His two surviving children are in the hospital suffering from dehydration.
- 2015-06-26A surprisingly hunky male gorilla, Shabani, has female humans going ape after mugshots of the 18-year-old animal began going viral on Twitter in Japan.
- 2015-06-26Covered corpses from a devastating heat wave lie in a mortuary in Karachi, Pakistan, on June 26. The death toll from the heat wave in Sindh province topped 1,000, officials told CNN.
- 2015-06-25Asia's startup culture is growing at exponential rate, and it's the region's younger population who are really shaping the startup scene. Snaptee, pictured, capitalizes on the popularity of statement T-shirts in Hong Kong by allowing users
- 2015-06-24Crowded morgue reveals the cost of Karachi's heat wave
- 2015-06-22North Korean leader Kim Jong Un meets with North Korea's first female fighter jet pilots in this undated photo released by the country's state media on Monday, June 22. He called the women "heroes of Korea" and "flowers of the sky
- 2015-06-21Tens of thousands of people packed Rajpath in New Delhi, India, for a mass yoga session on Sunday, June 21, 2015. The country's Prime Minister Narendra Modi is a vocal advocate of yoga and has been encouraging the country's residents to take par
- 2015-06-16Villagers flee from their homes as the local government evacuates residents living close to Mount Sinabung on June 15, 2015. Nearly 3,000 people have been evacuated and authorities are patrolling exclusion zones and preventing re-entry for residents.
- 2015-06-16The craftspeople: For Portuguese Jorge Santos, one of the most unique sights from his Egypt trip was a man patiently weaving ropes for sale to locals -- something he had done for years, like his father before him. "He told me he had done it since he
- 2015-06-16Supreme Commander of the Korean People's Army Kim Jong Un watches a drill firing of a new "highly intelligent" type of anti-ship rocket.
- 2015-06-12Singapore's condensed, hot and heavily populated landscape is challenging for urban living but the city-state continues to have a high liveability factor due to well-planned and population-focused urban design.
- 2015-06-11Feminist Xiao Meili started female armpit hair photo contest on the Chinese social network Weibo. Her goal: To start a conversation about gender inequality.
- 2015-06-10The Karabakh horse is known for its strength, speed and endurance. The animal is of great cultural importance to the people of Azerbaijan.
- 2015-06-10Chinese author Mai Jia, who spent 17 years in the Chinese People's Liberation Army intelligence agency, takes the reader deep into the world of Unit 701, a top-secret Chinese spy unit devoted to counterespionage and code breaking in his novel "D
- 2015-06-01A three-story house stands in the middle of a newly built road in China's Henan province on May 16, 2015. Construction was put to a halt as the owner refused to move because of a dispute about compensation. Like a nail that refuses to be hammered dow
- 2015-06-01CNN's Will Ripley was given rare access to an upscale area of Pyongyang near Kim Il Sung University, where he was allowed to see the inside of a faculty apartment.