CNN Site Map for Section Asia (Galleries) for August - 2015
- 2015-08-31Ma Xinqing worked in this factory in Tengzhou, Shandong, for 20 years before it was shut down. He now works as a security guard, keeping watch over the empty, decaying buildings.
- 2015-08-31Park Chum-se, pictured on the left, has lived in Jung Myeon for more than 40 years. He owns the only store in town. Jung Myeon, a township in northern South Korea, sits just a few kilometers from one of the world's most heavily fortified borders.
- 2015-08-31Usain Bolt celebrates his 200m gold moments before a cameraman on a Segway knocked him over at the Beijing National Stadium, also known as the Bird's Nest, on August 27, 2015.
- 2015-08-28CNN gets rare access to a live-fire exercise between South Korean forces. Here the K1E1 -- South Korea's main battle tank -- is in action.
- 2015-08-24Chinese military jets fly over Beijing on August 23, 2015 during a dress rehearsal for a military parade to commemorate the end of World War II in Asia. The parade will take place on September 3.
- 2015-08-24Chinese tattoo artist Da Hua at his studio. He first started out practicing his designs on pig skin bought at the local market.
- 2015-08-21A promotional image shows members of Slovenian band Laibach during their North Korean tour in August, 2015.
- 2015-08-17Smoke rises from debris on Saturday, August 15, near a crater that was at the center of a series of explosions in northeastern China's Tianjin municipality as seen from an aerial view.
- 2015-08-14Left: "Head was scalded from boiling water and I was deprived of sleep for eight days," said Liu Renwang, who was wrong convicted of murder in China. Right: "Hung up for 24 hours, and lost consciousness by electric shocks that each lasted o
- 2015-08-12Tian Li was born in the summer of 1986 in southeastern China's Guizhou Province. His father, then 27, took the first photo with him on his birthday.
- 2015-08-12The number of children abandoned by their parents in China is on the decline. But one group says the number of disabled orphans -- like Meng Song, born last year -- is on the rise.
- 2015-08-12A boy who says he was molested and filmed looks across a field where he says many children, including him, were abused and raped in a story that has shocked Pakistan.
- 2015-08-09Fireworks explode above Singapore's financial skyline at dusk on Sunday, August 9, as part of celebrations for the nation's 50th year of independence. Singapore, a longtime British colony, became part of Malaysia in 1963 and declared its indepen
- 2015-08-05People look at a bridge which was washed away by floodwater in the state of Manipur, India on August 1, 2015. At least 178 have been killed in recent flooding, with an estimated 10 million affected across India.
- 2015-08-04Angry Hong Kong citizens wore bras to protest the sentencing of a female protester to 3.5 months in prison for "assaulting a police officer" with her breast.
- 2015-08-03Two marchers enjoy live music during the fourth gay pride parade on August 2, 2015 in Hanoi, Vietnam. Hundreds of demonstrators marched through the streets of the Vietnamese capital to call for an end to discrimination against the country's lesbian,