CNN Site Map for Section World (Galleries) for January - 2013
- 2013-01-31El 17 de octubre de 2007, 200 familias tomaron sus pertenencias y se instalaron en el rascacielos conocido como la Torre de David, en Caracas (Venezuela), diseñado inicialmente para albergar un banco.
- 2013-01-30The Ol Pejeta Conservacy in Kenya is planning to use an unmanned aerial drone to monitor the location of its wildlife and deter poachers from harming animals such as rhinos and elephants.
- 2013-01-30A resident reacts to the damage to his house on Wednesday, January 30, 2013 in Bundaberg, Australia. Parts of southern Queensland experienced record flooding from torrential rains. Floodwaters began receding overnight.
- 2013-01-22Prince Harry, or Capt. Wales as he is known in the British Army, wears a monocle gun sight as he sits in the front seat of an Apache helicopter on December 12, 2012. Harry was stationed at the British-controlled Camp Bastion in southern Afghanistan from
- 2013-01-17Pakistani policemen stand guard on the fourth day of anti-government protests, led by Pakistani cleric Tahir-ul Qadri, in Islamabad early on Thursday, January 17.
- 2013-01-16Precuthona are a very small nudibranch variety (less than two in. in length) and live in the shallow waters of the tidal zone to 100 ft deep. See the complete gallery on TIME.com.
- 2013-01-16Smoke pours from the burning debris of a helicopter which crashed in the Vauxhall area. The helicopter appeared to hit a crane attached to the nearby St Georges Wharf Tower before plunging into the road below during the morning rush hour.
- 2013-01-15Brutal winter weather is making dire conditions even more unbearable in parts of the Middle East, particularly for Syrian refugees who must endure freezing temperatures in tents.
- 2013-01-15The Wambelong Fire burns near the Siding Spring Observatory near Coonabarabran, Australia, on Monday, January 14.
- 2013-01-15 A contestant works on an ice sculpture at The London Ice Sculpting Festival at Canary Wharf on Friday, January 11 in London. Ice and snow festivals are taking place all around the world, showcasing creative ways to enjoy the cold weather.
- 2013-01-07El fotógrafo Gary Stokes de la Sociedad de Conservación Sea Shepherd recibió un aviso de una persona anónima el 1 de enero y tomó estas fotos de la azotea de un edificio en Hong Kong inundado de aletas de tiburón.
- 2013-01-06People dive into icy water as they compete to grab a cross in the middle of a lake as part of Epiphany celebrations on Sunday, January 6, in Sofia, Bulgaria. It is believed that the first person to grab the cross, thrown into the water by an Eastern Ortho
- 2013-01-05Low temperatures in Switzerland helped freeze Lake Geneva in early February. Rita Rautenbach got this amazing shot at the time. "'During the night and the day before, we had extreme temperatures where it got so cold that the spray made waves on
- 2013-01-01Confetti is dropped on revelers at midnight during New Year celebrations in Times Square in New York on Tuesday, January 1.